Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in the new iPhone
Bigger Battery 51 51.52%
Bigger Screen 47 47.47%
Thinner 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:52 AM   #126
Han Solo 1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
5 inches or more. Then I will be a happy camper.
Han Solo 1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 08:12 AM   #127
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000
 
r2shyyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
I know it's not going to happen but I'm hoping the first big shock of the Tim Cook era is skipping the iPhone 5s and going straight to the iPhone 6 with a 4.5-5" screen. Then keep selling the current iPhone 5 for those who don't want the larger screen.
Not quite the same but I've been considering the following possibility for the next iPhone event:

Two (2) iPhone models announced:

1. iPhone 5S = new lower-cost model, new form factor
2. iPhone 6 = new flagship model, same form factor as iPhone 5

I don't know that it's not going to happen and I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if it didn't...but I can see at least some logic in doing this, such as increased sales of the flagship to the anti-S crowd.
__________________
"kkkkkkkk ....ok" - iphone4s16gb
r2shyyou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 09:53 AM   #128
mapledress
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Mine list:
1. Improved rear camera, 13-Megapixel sensor like the Samsung galaxy s4 , plus the aforementioned flash upgrade
2. Fingerprint sensor, integrated fingerprint sensor to replace the need for usernames and passwords on the phone.
3. New design, bigger screen than the iPhone 5. In my eyes, 4.5 inch is perfect.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo 1 View Post
5 inches or more. Then I will be a happy camper.
For most of people, I think 5 inch is too large to handle . So may be 4.5inch-4.7inch is perfect.
mapledress is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 05:06 PM   #129
rMBP15
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
bigger screen and multiple colors!

rMBP15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 08:17 PM   #130
TyPod
macrumors 68000
 
TyPod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: And Yourself?
I will not be purchasing the 5S, but hopefully wireless charging will become available sooner or later.
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 08:57 PM   #131
Jimmy James
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo 1 View Post
5 inches or more. Then I will be a happy camper.
4 inches or less. Then I will be a happy camper.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapledress View Post
Mine list:
1. Improved rear camera, 13-Megapixel sensor like the Samsung galaxy s4 , plus the aforementioned flash upgrade
2. Fingerprint sensor, integrated fingerprint sensor to replace the need for usernames and passwords on the phone.
3. New design, bigger screen than the iPhone 5. In my eyes, 4.5 inch is perfect.

----------



For most of people, I think 5 inch is too large to handle . So may be 4.5inch-4.7inch is perfect.
Are the 13MP pictures from the S4 actually better? I'm genuinely curious.
Jimmy James is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:38 PM   #132
GBR
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
Not quite the same but I've been considering the following possibility for the next iPhone event:

Two (2) iPhone models announced:

1. iPhone 5S = new lower-cost model, new form factor
2. iPhone 6 = new flagship model, same form factor as iPhone 5

I don't know that it's not going to happen and I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if it didn't...but I can see at least some logic in doing this, such as increased sales of the flagship to the anti-S crowd.
Interesting idea, but I'm kinda confused as to why Apple would put any R&D into changing the "budget" model. Why not keep selling the previous model at a larger discount as you have already recouped your expenses in developing it. It just seems contrary to what Apple typically does to cater to the low end version.

Maybe Apple would be best served to copy how they handle the iPad, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac and have a 4" and 5" version of the iPhone each year. Why not? They apparently thought having two size options for all the above products was a good idea, this would make both the "I want to operate my iPhone with 1 hand" and the "I want a bigger screen or I'm going to seriously look at Android" camps happy and spending their money on Apple products. Or maybe that just makes too much sense.
__________________
iPhone 5s (space gray, 64gb, Verizon)
iPad (3rd gen, black, 64gb, Verizon)
iPad rMini (space gray, 32gb, Verizon)
15" MacBook Pro Retina & 27" Thunderbolt Display

Last edited by GBR; Mar 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM.
GBR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:53 PM   #133
Prime85
macrumors 6502a
 
Prime85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
1. Stability to come in iOS7 that ships with it. iOS6 breaks so easily, needs restarts more often than my old Win98 computers did.
That might be your phone, try to restore. I have not had any problems with IOS6.


iPhone is perfect as is, only changes that need to be done is an improvement in IOS7. All that crap with making things look like notebooks is just annoying.
__________________
iPhone 5 (White 64GB) ; MBP 2.2Ghz i7 Quad-core,16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung SSD; TV 3
Prime85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:24 AM   #134
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000
 
r2shyyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
Interesting idea, but I'm kinda confused as to why Apple would put any R&D into changing the "budget" model. Why not keep selling the previous model at a larger discount as you have already recouped your expenses in developing it. It just seems contrary to what Apple typically does to cater to the low end version.
From my perspective, Apple has never catered to the "low end" of anything. Simply pawning off "last years" model to whoever that demographic is might be taken as a hand-me-down and, thus, not well. By developing and offering a handset specifically for that group, it may be better received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
Maybe Apple would be best served to copy how they handle the iPad, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac and have a 4" and 5" version of the iPhone each year. Why not? They apparently thought having two size options for all the above products was a good idea, this would make both the "I want to operate my iPhone with 1 hand" and the "I want a bigger screen or I'm going to seriously look at Android" camps happy and spending their money on Apple products. Or maybe that just makes too much sense.
It doesn't make "too much sense" to me it makes good sense and I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple take this approach, at least for a while. Personally, I still have a 3.5" 4S and will likely opt for the 5S but can't say without experiencing it whether or not I'd be comfortable with a phone larger than 4" (I'm inclined to think that I wouldn't [be comfortable] but I won't know until I try).
__________________
"kkkkkkkk ....ok" - iphone4s16gb
r2shyyou is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
iphone, iphone 5, iphone 5s

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When I add contacts into my iCloud/iPhone, any way to auto-add to Google Contacts? iHavequestions iCloud and Apple Services 4 Nov 26, 2013 04:01 PM
New iPhone feature you want? msasgs iPhone 30 Aug 12, 2013 07:04 PM
They should really add the "Up Next" feature in iTunes to the iPhone Lifetimechaldo iPhone 4 Mar 4, 2013 07:50 AM
[Predection] next iphone's main feature will be sharing. And name : iPhone Air bill304 iPhone 13 Aug 12, 2012 10:10 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC