Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VI™

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2010
Shepherdsturd, WV
For any MMO players out there, the Razer Naga is hands down the best mouse, IMHO. I have a Naga circa 2012 and a new 2014 Naga. I think I may prefer the older one. The newer one is still a great mouse, but it’s a little more bulky and instead of having buttons by the thumb, they’re moved to just south of the scroll wheel. It just may take some getting used to. I do however like the way the thumb buttons are built on the new one. It makes them more distinctive and easier to find, even if you’re already practiced with the 12 buttons on the older Naga.

The other plus is the macro building you can do with the external software. If the game you’re playing doesn’t have sophisticated enough macro scripting to allow you to set a button, there’s a good chance that you can use the Synapse software to do it for you. Not to mention that I can play the same game on separate computer and have my button configurations transfer between computer via Synapse over an internet connection. It also works with my other Razer devices.

geoffs999

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2013
Just bought the Razer Orochi, and it works wonderfully wired and wireless.

I also use an Orochi for Links Championship and have a Mamba 4G as well. For RPG and FPS games I currently use the new Logitech G900 which is awesome on both Mac and in BootCamp.

Prior to that I used Logitech G9X mice but can't get them anymore and won't pay $300 for one off eBay.

At the end of the day it is what works for you.

Teon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2016
Wow, what are you doing to it?? I have the model that came out before the Chroma DeathAdder (the one that just glows green), and it still feels jus as tight as the day I first bought it. No issues.
there is a problem with a wheel - no longer work correctly: when scrolling sometimes works backward scrolling. I have long struggled with the problem progrmmno - nothing helped. This problem is mechanical. I read that the same symptoms, there are other users of this model. It is necessary to investigate and make repairs, and I do not know =).

asoksevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
London, UK
Wow, what are you doing to it?? I have the model that came out before the Chroma DeathAdder (the one that just glows green), and it still feels jus as tight as the day I first bought it. No issues.

Same here. I have the Death Adder 2013 edition and it is one of the best loses available on mac with native support.

Razzerman

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
+1 for the Razer Deathadder. Had to replace the microswitch on the left mouse button, but that's diablo3 for you. Super mouse, youngest swears by it for Rocket League.

geoffs999

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2013
Just bought the Razer Orochi, and it works wonderfully wired and wireless.

Hwilensky

+1 for Razer Orochi and +1 For Razer Mamba 4G

Have just bought the new Logitech G900 which works perfectly on Mac OS and Windows 7 Bootcamp. Sadly my Logitech G9X just wore out. It was a great mouse.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
+1 for Razer Orochi and +1 For Razer Mamba 4G

Have just bought the new Logitech G900 which works perfectly on Mac OS and Windows 7 Bootcamp. Sadly my Logitech G9X just wore out. It was a great mouse.
Yah Logitech G9x with wide grip was my all time favorite until it died on me. The best replacement I've found so far is the Corsair M65 Pro.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm using a Razer Naga, cause of all the buttons, but I find it awkward to adequately use all the buttons due to their close proximity to one another.

Four years later I'm used to the buttons on the side of the Razer Naga (think it might now be discontinued) and can find the one I want. :):) Also using a Razer Nostromo (keypad) although it's an outdated model replaced by something new, but don't remember the new name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.