Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Is there any way of verifying that your iPad is an iPad 4 as opposed to an iPad 3? Is there a way you can make sure? Perhaps by checking under the settings?

Thanks in advanced!

Supra Mac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2012
Texas
^ Yup.

When you run a geekbench and it matches an iPad 2 score, you got the 2 or 3. :p

Just teasin.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
some people without true knowledge on the device might not be able to even tell the difference between Ipad 1 and 4. Apple make it easier by not changing a single look beside the connector on Gen 4.

they gotta have to do something with the back cover soon or people will start to get bored.

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
I'm an idiot. I completely forgot about that, haha.

It is funny fact that instead of reading apple release notes or anything related to the documentation or just think about - people are asking on social networks.... It is amazing addiction causing brain athrophy. No offence, I am getting the same lately :)

seasurfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Even some of those Apple store genius in 5th Ave can't tell the different iPad 2, 3 and 4.

I have seen many customer there asking them what is the different between the iPad 2 and 3/4, some genius just don't know how to spot the different in retina display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.