Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doobybiggs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
I have the 4th gen iPad so I should be able to play 1080p vids but apparently I am running into some troubles with them.

What is the best software out there to convert movies on? paid or free it does not matter ...

I have uploaded a picture of my conversion settings that still will not work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 8.12.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 8.12.26 PM.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 125

Philscbx

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
Mpls Mn
I only use Toast Titanium -
Anytime I used Handbrake - sent conversion to iTunes - iTunes needed to convert it anyway before allowing to any device.

Never heard of Wondershare.

doobybiggs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
I only use Toast Titanium -
Anytime I used Handbrake - sent conversion to iTunes - iTunes needed to convert it anyway before allowing to any device.

Never heard of Wondershare.

so toast titanium works great for converting movies to play on the ipad?

MarkG21

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
Use Handbrake

http://handbrake.fr/

Wondershare should work too. It looks like your version is unregistered though. Thats why its probably not working. Handbrake is free and great.

doobybiggs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Use Handbrake

http://handbrake.fr/

Wondershare should work too. It looks like your version is unregistered though. Thats why its probably not working. Handbrake is free and great.

ok I will try out handbrake first ...

Ya my wondershare is not registered yet, it is the free version so I could test it out. It seems really good, but I cannot control any conversion settings in the free version.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
ok I will try out handbrake first ...

I found I have fewer issues if I use the iPad preset. depending on the title I might flip it to the average bitrate 2500 setting which makes a bigger file but i like the quality on my screen. I also go into the picture settings and set the anamorphic to loose which retains the original frame size better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.