Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomwalsh77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Blackpool, UK
I'm trying to setup Find My Mac and Find My iPhone and it seems like I have set it all up correctly however when using the Find iPhone app to locate my Mac I get the error "Online, No Location Available". How can I fix this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm trying to setup Find My Mac and Find My iPhone and it seems like I have set it all up correctly however when using the Find iPhone app to locate my Mac I get the error "Online, No Location Available". How can I fix this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

You Mac needs to be logged on via wi-fi for it to work. You can login via ethernet and just leave wifi on and logged in at the same time, and it will work. Just put the ethernet connection at the top of the list in Network settings.

tomwalsh77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Blackpool, UK
You Mac needs to be logged on via wi-fi for it to work. You can login via ethernet and just leave wifi on and logged in at the same time, and it will work. Just put the ethernet connection at the top of the list in Network settings.

Am I using both wifi and ethernet by doing this? :confused:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
How do I do that, I don't seem to be able to move them up or down?

If you click Set Service Order... like in my screen cap you will get a window that allows you to drag the order around like you want.

screenshot20130210at814.png

FlyingPoliceBox

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2017
Ferris, TX

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I don't understand why this still must be done but you have fixed my issue and with such easy to understand instructions. You would be great working IT somewhere creating documentation :)

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.