Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tute

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
I'm travelling next month to nyc and i want to buy a Mac book air and send it to the hotel where i'm going to stay...
:confused: I just want to know if after a purchase at Apple's online store they send you the invoice by email and this includes the serial number on it
Is not that i dont trust in hotel's employee but i want to make sure that thats mine....
Thnks in advance! :D

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm travelling next month to nyc and i want to buy a Mac book air and send it to the hotel where i'm going to stay...
:confused: I just want to know if after a purchase at Apple's online store they send you the invoice by email and this includes the serial number on it
Is not that i dont trust in hotel's employee but i want to make sure that thats mine....
If I recall correctly, the email shows the model number, not the serial number.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

The serial number is not in the email, but once it ships you can login to the Apple Store and click "print invoice" for your Macbook and on that invoice it will show the serial number.

Tute

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
The serial number is not in the email, but once it ships you can login to the Apple Store and click "print invoice" for your Macbook and on that invoice it will show the serial number.

Thanks!! :D

I also read that I must buy with mi appleID not as guess, so I can print the invoce...

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks!! :D

I also read that I must buy with mi appleID not as guess, so I can print the invoce...

Yes... you will want to create a store account, but it does not necessarily have the be the same as your AppleID if you don't want it to be. Although that would make one less thing to remmember. :)

javisan

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006

Just to be safe, you can buy from the Apple online store and ship to a store. You can even schedule the pickup. This applies to many of the BTO products as well.

Tute

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Yes... you will want to create a store account, but it does not necessarily have the be the same as your AppleID if you don't want it to be. Although that would make one less thing to remmember. :)

Thanks again! You've been very helpfull! :D

----------

Just to be safe, you can buy from the Apple online store and ship to a store. You can even schedule the pickup. This applies to many of the BTO products as well.

I've choose pick up option but i have to wait til 14 november for pick up with my configuration... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.