Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:13 PM   #26
Lukkee24
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekard View Post
WAAAAAHHHHHH The race to the bottom has sure made a lot of people whiney about what an app is worth. If you don't get 99 cents of fun out of it don't buy it. If you don't get 4.99 of fun out of it don't buy it. It takes more resources and recoding to make it for iPad and in HD. Not alot but enough.
What? Loads of apps I buy are universal so I don't see why Angry Birds isn't, other than them wanting to make more money by effectively making 2 apps out of what could be 1?
Lukkee24 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:11 PM   #27
cclloyd
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxak View Post
As per my standard policy, I've downloaded this for iPhone and iPad while it's free, even though I have zero interest in it currently. I never turn down something free that won't be free forever.
The EXACT reason why I am angry that AppShopper is no longer on the app store.
cclloyd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:46 PM   #28
iHacker0390
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
Yes, I bet you've made lots of free apps and made lots of money from ads.

No, ad revenue is a lie. Top ranking apps can make money from ads. No one else can. I have hundreds of thousands of regular users for my free app with ads and an IAP to remove ads. I made $10 in 2012, $3 from ads and $7 from users removing the ads.

In contrast, I made $200 and $8000 from my $1 and $2 apps, respectively. Certainly, quality plays a roll, but I spent twice as many months polishing my free app as I did my $1 app.

I'm never making the mistake of releasing an app users don't have to pay for again... you can get a taste for free, maybe, but getting more than 25% is certainly going to cost money.
Paying a buck to try a app is more than reasonable.. ad "powered" apps are annoying..
iHacker0390 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:12 AM   #29
tevion5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfx View Post
Do you need a warm tea?
Thanks, I'm dying here!
tevion5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:19 AM   #30
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSpoken View Post
Good question, why arent these 'Angry Birds' games universal?
Because they aren't required to be. So they can make more money with two versions.

Same reason the Seasons is a different game when it is really just a level pack for the original. So is Rio and even Space and Star Wars but the movie tie ins get a pass because the licensing deal would never allow just a 'pack' treatment

These free and paid versions should not be allowed either. Do it via IAP. But Apple didn't force that from the start and won't risk pissing off folks now. It's one of many things that's just wacked in the system.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:09 PM   #31
Macrolido
macrumors regular

I like angry birds Rio. Blu is really useful.
Macrolido is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion