Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
staples, best buy, radioshack, etc...they are in a price competition war with each other regarding the advertised prices of identical products. where they try and make up for razor thin margins is with inflated profit margin accessories, scam "setup and install" services, and extended warranties.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Well, to be fair, it IS an Ultra setup. Those can't be cheap.

;)

Regards,
Tom

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Obviously the reading comprehension level is at an all time low here. Norton 360 offers personal information security, an app for ios. Please do some research before you trash a company or app before you know what it does.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Obviously the reading comprehension level is at an all time low here. Norton 360 offers personal information security, an app for ios. Please do some research before you trash a company or app before you know what it does.

Looks like a dag-blasted scam to me...
-On Norton's web site the listed feature for 360 everywhere security per listed on the add is priced at $39.99
-a screen protector and application = $10-30 / intallation = (?)
-and set up = (?)

So just in products we looking at around $70 not including tax
Where they get you (the nickle and dime scam) is hiden in set up fee which should be free as it is everywhere else, and who knows how much they charge to apply the screen protector.

Last edited:

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Wanna hear "ingnorate"?People letting themselves be talked into criminally overpriced Monster cables at best buy.Or how about the BB employee I talked to after the 1st iPad came out(wifi)while waiting a few weeks for the release of my preordered 3g iPad.Swore the 3G 1st gen would have a camera,but"nobody knows about it yet".Then he said he was going to"crack open"his wifi iPad and INSTALL A FREAKING CAMERA."There's a spot for it in there that's just empty."I intended to go back after the 3g models shipped and laugh in his face but never got around to it.

I'm really sorry you have to work there and hope you find honest employment soon.

Oh believe me the stuff I hear is ridicules and I try to be the saving grace lol. And yeah the monster cable issue I agree with but that's a monster issue not a best buy issue we get set pricing from then.

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
I would pay the $99 alone for the "Protective screen protector" ...I have many screen protectors but none have "Protective" ability

Triangle Man

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Looks like a dag-blasted scam to me...
-On Norton's web site the listed feature for 360 everywhere security per listed on the add is priced at $39.99
-a screen protector and application = $10-30 / intallation = (?)
-and set up = (?)

So just in products we looking at around $70 not including tax
Where they get you (the nickle and dime scam) is hiden in set up fee which should be free as it is everywhere else, and who knows how much they charge to apply the screen protector.

The Norton 360 price of $39.99 is one license, yes?

Well, this Staples offer says you get 3 licenses for it, so technically that's a $120 value for Norton alone!

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
The Norton 360 price of $39.99 is one license, yes?

Well, this Staples offer says you get 3 licenses for it, so technically that's a $120 value for Norton alone!

It says you get 3 licenses, and it says you get N360E.
But it doesn't say you get 3 licenses of N360E.

And who needs 3 licenses of N360E anyway? One license lets you install it on up to 5 devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.