Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
I want the device to put in my car as head unit. control apps movies and gps. I could care less about retina... It's a great mobile piece for a car. just like the mini changed the home entertainment game. Ipad will do the same...

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
I'm thinking of doing the same.
How is your screen quality?
I've heard there are issues with the iPad 4's screen bleeding and also something about video. This is kind of holding me back since the screen on my 3 is perfect.

I would love to discuss any known issues with the Apple employee, but they also play dumb.

I haven't had any issues with iPad 4. The screen is great. The speed is beyond the 3. You should check one out. I debated but once I checked it out I was sold on the 4. It really is worth the upgrade even though we just received the 3. My apple employee tried to get me to purchase the mini but it wasn't for me. I love the overall concept of the iPad 4.

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I'm thinking of doing the same.
How is your screen quality?
I've heard there are issues with the iPad 4's screen bleeding and also something about video. This is kind of holding me back since the screen on my 3 is perfect.

I would love to discuss any known issues with the Apple employee, but they also play dumb.

I am 0 for 3 with light bleed. I'm not sure if I should keep trying or not. I didn't have to go out of my way to see it. It was obvious on the start up screen. It was on the left side of all of them and one had it on the bottom also.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
It's great you got an iPad 4, but why be a complete condescending douche about the iPad Mini?

Laughable? - That statement actually makes me laugh. I have a Retina MBP 15, a 4S and an iPad 3. The mini screen is obviously not Retina, but my first impression was what the hell is wrong with people? How insecure are you about preference that you must pound specs into your own head to justify a purchase? The screen is completely adequate - not amazing - but functional. At no point did I think it would be useless.

As for future proofing...it's an Apple product. The mini will work, and work well for 2-3 years - I will no doubt upgrade by then because I can afford 300-500 every 2 years for a device I'll use daily. If you dont want to upgrade every few years, a tablet probably isn't a device for you...Hell even tech in general is something you should avoid. The days of owning products for 5-6 years is sadly coming to an end.

In response to speed and the A5 - it is now the most popular/used apple chip. If you think apps will not be optimized with the largest user demographic in mind, you are sorely mistaken. Someday the A6/A6X will be King, until then, you live in a world of the A5 (you will still get way better performance).

I see your point, but the "world of A5" was last year. Sure, App devs will still make sure their devices work on A5 devices, but with A6 being in the iPhone, and now in the iPad, if devs don't update their app, they wouldn't be providing a good user experience.

Future proof wise: I wasn't talking about apps per say, more direct support from Apple and iOS. My poor iPod Touch 4th gen was slowed down as soon as iOS 5 hit with the A4. It just couldn't handle it. At that time, most of Apple's devices were A4 and many with the iPhone 4 complained as well as the iPod 4th gen. iOS 6 didn't slow it down much more due do the fact, it really didn't add much.

I accept your opinion, but I still think the A6 will keep more life in an iOS device longer then an A6 could.

----------

I am 0 for 3 with light bleed. I'm not sure if I should keep trying or not. I didn't have to go out of my way to see it. It was obvious on the start up screen. It was on the left side of all of them and one had it on the bottom also.

My iPad 4 is completely perfect. No blacklight bleed and no dead pixels. After reading all the horror stories on here, I guess I'm lucky? Then again, that is what..like hundred people out of hundreds of thousands happy customers? I feel that is a pretty good ratio. :)

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
My iPad 4 is completely perfect. No blacklight bleed and no dead pixels. After reading all the horror stories on here, I guess I'm lucky? Then again, that is what..like hundred people out of hundreds of thousands happy customers? I feel that is a pretty good ratio. :)

What size iPad do you have? The 3 I've had were 32gb. I thinking about trying a 64gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.