Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1
desi22601
macrumors member

Trackpad stopped working in Bootcamp Windows 7

Hey guys. I have a bit of an issue here. It all started while I was on windows 7 32 bit bootcamp and it said my usb started to malfunction. I read somewhere that you can go to your device manager and try uninstalling and reinstalling the usb component. I tried that and ended up freezing. Had to hard restart and now it looks like my trackpad doesn't work. It works fine on my mac, but when I boot into windows 7 I can't use it at all. I can plug in my wired mouse just fine, but I much prefer using the trackpad. Does anyone know what the issue is? I can't even currently locate my 10.6 osx dvd to possibly reinstall drivers. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.
desi22601 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:06 AM   #2
desi22601
macrumors member

Okay, for some reason my trackpad came back to life again and it's gone again lol. Not sure what's happening.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:27 AM   #3
desi22601
macrumors member

I apologize for the multi-posting, but I found my osx dvd. When I insert it, I get these options http://i.imgur.com/0IEsUXn.jpg How do i install the drivers again?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:57 PM   #4
kpgh554
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi22601 View Post
I apologize for the multi-posting, but I found my osx dvd. When I insert it, I get these options http://i.imgur.com/0IEsUXn.jpg How do i install the drivers again?
In windows have you tried/- switch trackpad off. go bluetooth. select add device in menu. switch trackpad on. right click-> properties. select hid drivers for it click ok. then see if work afterwards.
kpgh554 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:47 PM   #5
mentaluproar
macrumors 65816

just tap the power button on the right side of the touchpad as if you were turning it off. DO NOT HOLD IT, just tap it. The light will turn green and it will attempt to pair with windows again. I get this problem sometimes even under OSX. That trick always fixes it.