Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:25 PM   #1
iiTz STeVO
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Sound Input Issues Through Bootcamp

I am using using Bootcamp on a Mid 2009 MacBook Pro, and I am having some serious problems when talking through Skype.

People say they can hear my typing too clearly (like a typewriter) and every now and then there is a feedback type sound (compared to cars, trains, planes, etc.) that starts quiet and gets louder and louder. I have found that if they let me know it's starting and I squeeze my microphone it stops. Also apparently using the mute button on my headset itself does not mute my mic at all...

I used a cheap Logitech headset, then switched to Turtle Beach x12s that I borrowed and the problems only got worse after the switch. Then I purchased a Razer Tiamat 2.2 and the problems are slightly better, but still persisting.

Please... HELP

Last edited by iiTz STeVO; Jan 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: EDIT: I have discovered that my Sound>Recording settings are not detecting headphones and using my internal microphone.
iiTz STeVO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:56 PM   #2
iiTz STeVO
macrumors newbie

EDIT: I have discovered that my Sound>Recording settings are not detecting headphones and using my internal microphone. Under Playback it shows I have Headphones defaulted, but under Recording there is no Headphones option, only Line In which is giving no sound.
iiTz STeVO is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac