Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Okay, so I googled this quite a bit and maybe I'm just not using the right keyboard. How do I cancel (not just delete) an event on calendar? I don't want the event to be deleted as in completely disappear, but I want it to indicate that it was cancelled. I know outlook has this function but I can't find that anywhere on calendar. Thanks for the help.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
iCal does not have a cancel status, However there is a workaround. Create a new calendar (File>New Calendar)called Cancelled, and then right click on the event choose Get Info and move the event from your normal Calendar to your Cancelled Calendar.

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
I see, thanks. I guess that's some what disappointing. Maybe I'll look into some what calendar.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Pretty much what James stated...create a new Calendar called Canceled.

If it's a meeting request, or event that has gone out to others, you can delete it and a message is sent to others that it's been canceled. You cannot add notes to it, or the reason why. It just sends an email and removes it from the calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.