Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I'm still using Snow Leopard and waiting for the third OS X version, and you people at APPLE still continue to make the Finder all GREYED OUT AND TACKING/BORING ---- WHAT IS WRONG W/ YOU PEOPLE. I GUESS I GOT TO BACK TO WINDOWS.

If Finder's colors is the sole reason you can't upgrade, then please do us all a favor and go back to Windows. It isn't a problem and people have adapted to it, some folks installed a third party app that restores the colors.

melissapete24

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
What *I* don't get, and have never got for as long as I've owned Mac, is the point of the tags feature. Yes, I understand that they are so you can categorize your files. But isn't that what creating folders is for? I have never used tags even ONCE in all my time using Macs, just folder. However, what they've done with the tags feature is quite nice, though, for those of you who use them. What I'M super-excited about are the power-saving features like App Nap and Timer Coalescing. Even though I have a solid state drive in my Mac and I've maxed out the RAM, it's a late-2009 unibody MacBook, so it just cannot last as long as the new Macs. (In a completely unrelated aside: I don't think they should have discontinued the MacBook line. The MacBook has always been my favorite laptop among Apple's computers. It makes me sad to think that I may not have too much more time before I have to go Pro, which I'd really rather not. It's amazing capabilities and specs are WAY more than I need or want to pay for.) My SSD has DRAMATICALLY increased my Mac's speed and battery life, and the fact that Mavericks is supposed to do that as well makes me wish it were fall already. Can't they at least give us a date so I can begin a countdown? This OS is gonna be EPIC!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.