Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng

Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:19 PM   #51
Vizin
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkroom View Post
while that's true, apple would never have been able to create an appstore with mostly 99¢ (and free) apps if they charged the adc premier dev price.

that being said, i still believe apple should be charging $99/binary instead, which would end (or severely limit) junk apps and junk app farms which clog up the app store and account for lengthy approval time. in addition, a $25 - $50 fee to submit an update, which would put an end (or severely limit) developers who for some reason feel the need to update their apps every 2 weeks rather than originally submitting something more complete.

i think this way apple could still retain their low tier pricing scheme, the appstore would be a better place with little junk, and developers would feel less alienated during the approval process.
A fee to submit apps is an interesting idea. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it meant better service. Though I don't think it should be so high for free ones. (maybe $15-20 for free ones, $99 for paid ones)

Charging to submit updates is a bad idea. It would discourage smaller devs from releasing updates to fix non-critical bugs. Instead, I think they should reconsider putting updates in the new release list, and instead have a separate "newly updated" list.
Vizin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 02:41 PM   #52
Darkroom

just had my first app approved in 7 days. but i submitted it last week a few hours after the iTunes Connect came back online from being down for 3 days. perhaps there wasn't much of a backlog since no one could upload anything during that time. still waiting for approval of my other app which was submitted an hour after the first.

[EDIT] second app was just approved after 10 days.

Last edited by Darkroom; Oct 4, 2009 at 02:24 PM.
Darkroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2009, 03:18 AM   #53
Demarca
macrumors member

My first application was "ready to sale" after 9 days. It took few more hours to be visible in my category, initially search didn't work too.
But there is a strange situation. It's been almost a week now since my app got accepted, but it's still available only in the biggest App Stores (USA, Germany etc.). Of course i did check all countries in "Manage your applications", including "Rest of world", but my application is missing in many App Stores (for example Poland).

Do you have any suggestions what can be the cause of this? Support didn't answer my email yet.

Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:21 PM   #54
ilove iOS
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboy16 View Post
23 days and counting for me. it only took me a month to write the entire thing! they need to improve their process. 7 days average ya right! my application is very simple and useful.

there should be some way to pay $100 or something the expidite the process. I'm sure the large companies go to the front of the line anyway.
My dad works for a 'large company and it took their app 14 days

----------

2 days and cacking myself, by the way it is based on traffic as well as your age rating. The lower the rating the higher priority (this is stated in the distribution PDF file)
ilove iOS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:32 PM   #55
Mike73
macrumors newbie

7 days for my first app. It went right through.
I thought I made enough mistakes to get rejected, but well, I was either lucky or I really had it right
Mike73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:20 PM   #56
firewood
macrumors 603

From less than 2 days to almost 4 weeks, and everywhere in between.
firewood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 06:50 PM   #57
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewood View Post
From less than 2 days to almost 4 weeks, and everywhere in between.
Question: at the end of the 4 week wait, was the app accepted or rejected?

In my experience (I've had 8 approvals and 6 rejections, if I recall properly,) my approvals have taken between 2 and 14 days, while my rejections have taken between 8 and 28 days... perhaps my dataset is too small (thus why I'd like to hear from other people,) but it seems like Apple tends to take longer to reject apps than accept them.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:17 PM   #58
firewood
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
Question: at the end of the 4 week wait, was the app accepted or rejected?
A couple of each.
firewood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:40 AM   #59
Nick johnson
macrumors newbie

There is no particular time period decided.....
An app can be approved in couple of days and an app may take 2 weeks to get approval....
Nick johnson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:04 PM   #60
cMacSW
macrumors regular

Like others said it is variable, I know that alot of apps were submitted in the weeks prior to WWDC and it took extra long for my app update to be approved, around 10 days.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:18 PM   #61
iMacFarlane
macrumors 65816

Between 2 paid and 1 free, the average turnaround was 14 days for apps and about 9 days for updates.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:29 AM   #62
Pomplamoose
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkroom View Post
in addition, a $25 - $50 fee to submit an update, which would put an end (or severely limit) developers who for some reason feel the need to update their apps every 2 weeks rather than originally submitting something more complete.

i think this way apple could still retain their low tier pricing scheme, the appstore would be a better place with little junk, and developers would feel less alienated during the approval process.
I think this is a good start on an idea, but it creates a situation that seems disadvantageous: if a developer sincerely just needs to get the app to real consumers and get their feedback, why should they be charged for every update? While it would create incentive to have a polished product for every submission, it might make a developer's app worthless if he can't update as often after adding a new, potentially buggy feature. I think you're sacrificing the many for the few in that scenario.
Pomplamoose is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 04:50 PM   #63
Redjericho
macrumors 6502a

Before you hate on apple too hard, read this article, it provides a decent reason as to why it takes so long to approve apps, and why they are rejected so often.

Or just a laugh...

http://www.webpronews.com/apple-app-...ll-day-2012-07
Redjericho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:15 AM   #64
Pomplamoose
macrumors newbie

I submitted an app 1/7/13.
It was approved 1/11/13.
Pomplamoose is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:26 PM   #65
xArtx
macrumors 6502a

Approved approx 7 days after submission of binary.

Two days between "In review" and approved for sale.
xArtx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:27 PM   #66
thedon1
macrumors 6502

I submitted my app in early Jan, took about 5 days total.

Just submitted an updated and that took 6 days.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng