Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alewis11720

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
Hello i need advice on my laptop situation. I found a 2009 13" macbook pro for $500. It wasnt used to much and is operating Mountain Lion and has 150 gb and
2gb ram.

My current laptop is a Toshiba Satelite A505 the usb ports dont work and it doesnt hold charge without being plugged in.

It has 4Gb of ram and Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

Do you think this would be wise investment or should i just stick with my toshiba?

Alewis11720

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
I forgot to mention I am a college student so i cant just go and buy a 2012 macbook

Attonine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2006
Kent. UK
You can google around and see what these sell for. If the price is OK for you go for it. I had one of these at the same time as a 17 2009 MBP. I used the 13" way more than the 17. Great little machine.

Max out the RAM when you can, and if possible pop in a SSD and you're be good for several more years.

I'm still on the 2009 17" now, and it needs to last me a few more years before I upgrade.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
if it is in good condition I would say go for it. That is the machine I am running. You can upgrade the RAM to 8GB pretty cheaply and when you have the cash put in a SSD very easily and it is a awesome machine. Mine never lags or slows down for what I use it for (lots of tabs web browsing, office, messages, ical, reminders, pixelmator, itunes, iPhoto. Unless you are going to be video / audio editing or using a lot of photoshop it will be a good mac, just be sure to upgrade the ram.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.