Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
I need to allow my current lenses to shoot macro. Is there an attachment for that? I do NOT need auto focus as it is for video. What kind of part would I need to do that?
I have a canon 50mm 1.8 and a sigma 30mm 1.4

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
I need to allow my current lenses to shoot macro. Is there an attachment for that? I do NOT need auto focus as it is for video. What kind of part would I need to do that?

Kenko extension tubes

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

There are two ways to go

(1) extension tubes, these are just hollow tubs with lens mounts that go between the lens and body

(2) screw-on diopters. These look and work like filters. More like "reading glasses" Both Canon and Nikon make good version of this and either brand works on either camera. Many others make them too but the Canon or nikon brand is the best

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
If you don't need true macro, but just close-up then I would recommend the Canon 500D close-up lens to convert your existing lenses.

By the way, which Victoria are you in?

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
If you don't need true macro, but just close-up then I would recommend the Canon 500D close-up lens to convert your existing lenses.

By the way, which Victoria are you in?

I have a canon t2i I am using.
VIctoria, BC, Canada.

I think I am going to look at the tubes first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.