Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:15 AM   #1
kenglade
macrumors 6502

iPod not showing on my desktop

I have a new (used) iPod touch and am working through the learning process. When I connect it, it doesn't show as a drive on my desktop. is that normal? I would prefer being able to see it so i can transfer some old CDs and audio books, I've found working through iTunes is a pain.
kenglade is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

That is normal and if you want the applications on the iPod to see the stuff you listed that you want to transfer, you do need to go through iTunes.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:32 AM   #3
kenglade
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
That is normal and if you want the applications on the iPod to see the stuff you listed that you want to transfer, you do need to go through iTunes.
Darn. But thanks
kenglade is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:33 AM   #4
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenglade View Post
I have a new (used) iPod touch and am working through the learning process. When I connect it, it doesn't show as a drive on my desktop. is that normal? I would prefer being able to see it so i can transfer some old CDs and audio books, I've found working through iTunes is a pain.
You can only transfer media to an iPod through iTunes. For CD's all you have to do is open iTunes, put a CD into the computer, iTunes will then ask you if you want to import it click yes and when your finished set your iPod to sync all music.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch