Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vodkaPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
My keyboard, I'm the iPad mini starts in the normal position. But if I start to split the keyboard in 2, rotate the screen, in a few hours of use, the keyboard can be in the middle of the screen. The keyboard slowly goes up. This is very annoying, and for my surprise I didn't found any reports of this bug, that's why I'm writhing this thread.

Normally I use my keyboard in Portuguese, dunno if this affect the behaviour of the keyboard.

Another thing really annoying, even without this bug, it's pretty usual the text box, in Facebook and another app be located behind the keyboard, I don't have another iPhone or iPad, so I cannot compare and it's the reason to open this thread.

Why the hell it's going on with my keyboard?

If this is an usual bug only affecting me I can put some print screens online.

Tks.

MikeTHIS

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
I don't seem to have the issue of a moving keyboard, but you can try docking and undocking the keyboard to see if that helps reset it? There is a key on the bottom right side that splits and undocks the keyboard.

Your other problem with the text box being BEHIND the keyboard I have experienced in a few apps myself. It seems that this is a compatibility issue in some apps. It happened to me in Skype, Facebook and Facebook page manager but Skype seems to have fixed the issue.

awb

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
No problem with moving keyboard but I have had the problem of the type box being behind the keyboard. I found if I split the keyboard and then put it back together, the box would then appear above the keyboard.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I've noticed some "unexpected" behavior, but the mini is my first and only iPad, and I just learned about splitting/undocking a week ago.

One thing I've noticed is that if I split a docked keyboard using the two-finger opposing swipe, the keyboard splits and remains docked. If I split by tap-holding the keyboard options key and selecting split, it splits AND undocks. And, you can't drag an undocked & split kbd to the dock without merging it.

I've also had the situation where the split kdb obscures a text field, and I can't move the kdb.

Regards,
Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.