Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:23 AM   #1
triguy450
macrumors newbie

moving icon

Hi all,

I have a .jpg icon that i have placed on my iMac desktop at a certain location on my screen. I have found over the last few months that when I log back on, the icon has moved itself somehow to a different location on the screen.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this? If so, why does it do this?

It's my computer and my password. I travel from time to time. I shut down my computer when I am away. How difficult is it to crack the password on the iMac?

How can I find out if someone has set up remote access to my iMac? I know I am being paranoid but my soon to be ex and I are separating soon. She works with an IT guy at school. I wouldn't put it past her to get into my computer.

Thank you,
Ed
triguy450 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Gregg2
macrumors 601

All my icons stay where I put them.

What OS are you using?

Does another icon take the position where the jpeg was placed?

Is this the only thing strange you've noticed? If so, that would be a creepy way to send you a message that "I'm messing with your computer".
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X