Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Jul 25, 2013, 09:06 AM   #26
Pompiliu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono1081 View Post
I hope the new Aperture uses the dark interface as well. Most of my apps I use have that and I like it so much better. Aperture is pretty bright on an LED monitor.
Then turn the brightness down.

And LED monitor? Really? It's still LCD, just the backlight is done using LEDs, not CCFL neons.

And FYI, a classic CCFL-backlit monitor often has better brightness then a LED-backlit one.

I'm sick of comments like this, but yours is just outrageous.
You would think someone who uses Aperture and is a photographer (professional, amateur, it doesn't matter) would know a thing or two about screens or the necessity to calibrate it (which includes setting the adequate brightness for your room).

I miss the old days. Now everybody with a DSLR and a mac is a photographer.

Last edited by Pompiliu; Jul 25, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
Pompiliu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:06 AM   #27
chrono1081
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompiliu View Post
Then turn the brightness down.

And LED monitor? Really? It's still LCD, just the backlight is done using LEDs, not CCFL neons.

And FYI, a classic CCFL-backlit monitor often has better brightness then a LED-backlit one.

I'm sick of comments like this, but yours is just outrageous.
You would think someone who uses Aperture and is a photographer (professional, amateur, it doesn't matter) would know a thing or two about screens or the necessity to calibrate it (which includes setting the adequate brightness for your room).

I miss the old days. Now everybody with a DSLR and a mac is a photographer.
What is your problem exactly?

Don't assume I'm dumb, I've been doing photography for YEARS back before digital was even out so I know a thing or two about it.

As for the monitor, I can't believe you'd even suggest such a ludicrous thing. The brightness IS down on my monitor, but if you knew a thing about monitors you'd know that when you turn the brightness down, everything goes down which isn't always a good solution either. A bright interface, while working with mid-range or darker images, can be very distracting. Take a look at Adobe Lightroom, its dark and much easier on the eyes, the same goes for Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Maya, ZBrush, the new Logic, etc. There is a reason these software packages, along with a ton others I won't bother naming use dark interfaces, its easier on the eyes and easier to see colors with.

Last edited by chrono1081; Jul 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Typo
chrono1081 is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 08:30 AM   #28
initialsBB
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by viettanium View Post
Great! Aperture X before this year's out then
initialsBB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 05:11 PM   #29
jetjaguar
macrumors 68000

I really wish they would just release it already. I have been holding off buying Aperture for so long already
Old Aug 3, 2013, 09:09 PM   #30
glenthompson
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjaguar View Post
I really wish they would just release it already. I have been holding off buying Aperture for so long already
I needed some of its features that iPhoto didn't have so decided to just buy it last month. Still getting used to the differences but I'm happy. If a new version comes out before year end, it won't bother me.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 02:05 AM   #31
adversus
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to adversus Send a message via AIM to adversus Send a message via MSN to adversus Send a message via Yahoo to adversus Send a message via Skype™ to adversus
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono1081 View Post
As for the monitor, I can't believe you'd even suggest such a ludicrous thing. The brightness IS down on my monitor, but if you knew a thing about monitors you'd know that when you turn the brightness down, everything goes down which isn't always a good solution either. A bright interface, while working with mid-range or darker images, can be very distracting. Take a look at Adobe Lightroom, its dark and much easier on the eyes, the same goes for Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Maya, ZBrush, the new Logic, etc. There is a reason these software packages, along with a ton others I won't bother naming use dark interfaces, its easier on the eyes and easier to see colors with.
Fullscreen, yo. I use full screen exclusively to avoid this problem, love it.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:28 PM   #32
Apple fanboy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenthompson View Post
I needed some of its features that iPhoto didn't have so decided to just buy it last month. Still getting used to the differences but I'm happy. If a new version comes out before year end, it won't bother me.
You would probably get a free upgrade if it's in the next few weeks. I'm still undecided on the LR vs Aperture thing so will wait until the new version comes out and read reviews and decide.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 09:00 AM   #33
LongSticks
macrumors 6502

Any new rumours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflem View Post
PLEASE!

Sorry to beg - the Logic update has got me going.

C
Aperture X

With Mavericks due soon....any further rumours on Aperture update....?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography