Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaMeFaNaTiC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
This is my first tablet and iPad so I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, but most/all videos I play from youtube, netflix vevo etc. are not hd quality and are quite pixelated.

The only place that plays videos in hd quality is on the apple trailers website.

Is this normal for the new iPad? Or is something wrong with my iPad? My wireless speeds seem fine as the videos do not buffer and seem to load videos at a decent speed. I'm on a 12MB connection.

Quite disappointing if most apps do not support hd videos by now :(

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
It will be an app by app basis, and also, even 1080p video is not native res of the iPad.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Its not really what I use mine for, but I think Netflix was updated to supply 1080p when available. A google might find you some answers.

GaMeFaNaTiC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Its not really what I use mine for, but I think Netflix was updated to supply 1080p when available. A google might find you some answers.

Only the interface had been updated unfortunately. Videos are still in SD. I can't see anything on google which says videos are also in 1080p.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.