Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
FYI the first time I turned on my iPad 3 back in March it was very yellowish, up to the point that I thought that I got a lemon. But over time the yellow tint disappeared. I don't know when did it exactly happen but now it's not yellow at all now.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I have gone through 6 ipads and all of them had some sort of issue with the screen. Two of them had dead pixels and 4 of them had uneven screen temperature (like the OP). In one of the apple stores they only let me swap 3 times and twice in another. Got the 6th one from staples and it has an even (yellowish white but it is same as real paper color!) brightness but I just spotted a dead pixel. I am gonna swap for another tomorrow and hope for a good screen. I swear this is my last try :D

BTW units starting with dmj have LG displays(yellowish white) and dmq have Samsung(blueish white) displays.

We ALL hope it is your last try!

hobx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Didn't have time to upload anything over the weekend. But the pics on the previous page pretty much reflect what I'm seeing.

I do wonder about them settling in though. I weould hazard a guess that the user gets used to it rather than the display changing.

For example, my Ipad 2 was red and when I got the Ipad 3 it "seemed" too blue. Now I've changed for an ipad 4 and that "seems" too red. Its a never ending cycle.... ;)

weas

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
Seville, Spain
Theese people from apple are killing us! The iPad 4 was clearly a rushed release, they should have tested better the new LG displays

RobNor

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
My Ipad 4 has a warm screen temp but isn't as uniform as my ipad 3,slightly brighter on the left hand side when in portrait,infact this is the first time I've had a really noticeable non uniformity in the screen on an IOS device for quit a while (ipad2,iphone 4 & 4S,ipad 3 all were good)

My experience of IOS device displays has been :-

Iphone 4 cool - 4S warmer - iphone 5 warmer still
Ipad 2 cool - 3 warmer - 4 warmer still

Achilles75

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
My Ipad 4 has a warm screen temp but isn't as uniform as my ipad 3,slightly brighter on the left hand side when in portrait,infact this is the first time I've had a really noticeable non uniformity in the screen on an IOS device for quit a while (ipad2,iphone 4 & 4S,ipad 3 all were good)

My experience of IOS device displays has been :-

Iphone 4 cool - 4S warmer - iphone 5 warmer still
Ipad 2 cool - 3 warmer - 4 warmer still

So are you planning to live with it or exchange it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.