Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raspberrysoul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Hello, everyone:
I'm using a 2009 macbook pro with firefox 17.1 and recently upgraded my RAM to Kingston Technology 8GB Kit (2x4 GB Modules) 1333MHz DDR3 SODIMM Notebook Memory for Select Apple iMac's and Macbook Pro's KTA-MB1333K2/8G - and now am having problems with both my external hard drive and playing videos.

I connected my external hard drive (seagate 2 TB go flex) and it kept beeping, although it seems to have been recognized by the computer.

For videos:
I am unable to play certain videos on southparkstudios.com (earlier seasons, it seems) and I wasn't able to watch Family Guy on HULU for very long before getting this error message "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." I have cleared my cache and deleted my cookies, and downgraded my flash player to 10.3. I am having the same problem using Google Chrome. I have also reset firefox to the default state. Nothing seems to have helped.

I believe I may have downloaded some corrupted files to my external hard drive which required me to re-format it, and it was working ok until I upgraded the RAM.

I am a novice so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.