Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013
Pithy

I am curious how you think Google hasn't abused patents. Or is it the case that you are trying to say that because Motorola is the one absuing FRAND it has nothing to do with Google?

No he's saying they haven't actually succeeded at getting an injunction yet, so they're not actually abusing them.

Yeah. I know.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Pithy

I am curious how you think Google hasn't abused patents. Or is it the case that you are trying to say that because Motorola is the one absuing FRAND it has nothing to do with Google?

I asked a question. That's all. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I never stated an opinion either way if Google and/or Motorola has abused patents.

Now - that being said - this entire sub-conversation has absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread topic. So I'm not going to further the derailment.

----------

No he's saying they haven't actually succeeded at getting an injunction yet, so they're not actually abusing them.

Yeah. I know.

No - that's not what I am saying. It would serve you better to communicate your own thoughts rather that rewrite mine.

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013
No - that's not what I am saying. It would serve you better to communicate your own thoughts rather that rewrite mine.

On the contrary, that's exactly what you said:

samcraig said:
Trying is different than succeeding. I am asking specifically how Google has actually abused their patents.

pirg said:

But yes, let's go ahead and not derail the thread anymore.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
On the contrary, that's exactly what you said:
But yes, let's go ahead and not derail the thread anymore.

We can go around in circles. But this is my last post to you - and to correct you in this thread.

I never said what you are stating I said.

I never said that since they haven't succeeded it means they are not abusing them.

I simply stated that trying is not the same as succeeding.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I'm so glad for you that you're in denial. Just because Samsung hasn't admitted to anything doesn't mean their employees haven't been paid to bash Apple on MR. It's so hilarious how you are very defensive on a subject like this. People are telling you that paid bashing is happening here and you're so adamant in believing it...Wonder Why????;)
You're so obvious, let it go. You've been insulting people about this and you've spent quite a few posts talking down to people and being defensive about this situation. I wouldn't expect an ordinary poster to be so against people's feelings about this subject. :p

Erm? No one has told me that paid bashing is happening here? All I have been shown is reports of paid bashing on HTC fan sites, as your obviously so utterly enlightened, perhaps you would like to provide some hard evidence of proof to back up your self indulged fact? :rolleyes:

I also have not insulted anyone? I just want proof, so come on, show me hard factual evidence of paid for Samsung employee's trolling the Mac Rumours forums, go on I'll be waiting..... until then, I will continue to challenge anyone who makes these ridiculous accusations because with no proof they are exactly that, accusations!

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Erm? No one has told me that paid bashing is happening here? All I have been shown is reports of paid bashing on HTC fan sites, as your obviously so utterly enlightened, perhaps you would like to provide some hard evidence of proof to back up your self indulged fact? :rolleyes:

I also have not insulted anyone? I just want proof, so come on, show me hard factual evidence of paid for Samsung employee's trolling the Mac Rumours forums, go on I'll be waiting..... until then, I will continue to challenge anyone who makes these ridiculous accusations because with no proof they are exactly that, accusations!

Oh, yeah, you didn't insult me, you only told me that if I think there are competitor's on MR trolling that I'm living on "Cloud Cookoo Land". :rolleyes: I'm done with you, honestly. Not worth my time anymore. This will be my last post to you because I know who and what I am dealing with. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
Oh, yeah, you didn't insult me, you only told me that if I think there are competitor's on MR trolling that I'm living on "Cloud Cookoo Land". :rolleyes: I'm done with you, honestly. Not worth my time anymore. This will be my last post to you because I know who and what I am dealing with. :rolleyes:

And what and who are you dealing with? Will you have the guts to say clearly?

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!

Who and what you are dealing with? You mean a person who is directly challenging your utterly ridiculous accusations for which it is quite obvious you are incapable of providing ANY proof to back it up with?

I think that sounds right. Yes? You've dug yourself into a hole mate that you had no escape from. Your last comment wasn't a get out of jail card, its just dug the hole deeper.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
He's probably thinking you're one of those Samsung shills they're apparently hiring to troll forums.

...but since I don't see your name on the payroll, I'm guessing your not.

Oh YOU don't see his name on Samsung's payroll? Only an employee of the company would know who's on the payroll. ;)

Super snore. You are so giving away your hidden talents. I wasn't even talking to the person you replied to. You should spend more time reading the entire thread rather than posting knee-jerk reactions. Enjoy.

So funny. :D

Last edited:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Oh YOU don't see his name on Samsung's payroll? Only an employee of the company would know who's on the payroll. ;)

Super snore. You are so giving away your hidden talents. I wasn't even talking to the person you replied to. You should spend more time reading the entire thread rather than posting knee-jerk reactions. Enjoy.

So funny. :D

The fact that his post went completely over your head made me laugh. Thanks!

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I asked a question. That's all. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I never stated an opinion either way if Google and/or Motorola has abused patents.

Now - that being said - this entire sub-conversation has absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread topic. So I'm not going to further the derailment

Fair enough. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.