Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yeah right. Real iphone 5s in the wild and there's no youtube hand-on review for it? Get real. Remember iPhone 4 leak incidence? Full review was up the next day with video.

This is the low-cost iPhone, not the 5S.

I meant real as in the low-cost iPhone is real. I'm sure this is just the shell shown in the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
I like it, better looking than the current top iPhone.

Yeah, but I'm sure the inside specs will be a real disappointment. Don't expect to run all of today's apps and games on it. There's going to be more than one annoyed customer, with regards to this.

josh995

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
Again, Im betting this will be the 5s, not the "low cost" iPhone.

I really hope you are joking...

This dude can't be serious?

LOL!!

Seriously though, you're joking right?

The 5S is going to look like the 5. Just like the 3GS looked like the 3G. Just like the 4S looked like the 4. Haven't we learned about Apple and their predictability by now?

Boomish69

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
London
I do. And I also care about width, height and weight. What I don't care about is Samsung and whatever they are doing to distinguish themselves from competition. Samsung is a hardware maker and therefore want's to put more stuff in my phone. But i don't wanna have stuff in my phone; I wanna do stuff with my phone. Apple is an experience creator, they want me to make use of their products. And I do.

OMG while I applaud your loyalty I assure we are coming from the same page here although I'm not an Apple fan to the point where I expect not to be drip fed products.. you care about width you say well so do I and I see nothing wrong in wanting a larger screen but this involves large costs for Apple and it's one which they won't go to without wringing out max profits first. Trouble is I see this as a major flop..the Android crew will be laughing all the way to the bank, this cheap release won't re-capture the lost market share, and will only drive more nails in the iPhone coffin..

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
My guess is this 'Low cost iPhone' will be something more along the lines of a pre-paid unlocked iPhone.

Maybe it will have the spec's of a iPhone 4s, if not the 4.

It will not be Retina, it might have LTE, maybe.

It will be able to run most Apps well enough.

This seem like a prototype, and doesn't have that seamless finish Apple is known to give their products, even the cheapest ones like iPod shuffles.

Around 200 bucks, unlocked straight from Apple? Maybe a bit more locked down then we are used to from a iPhone standpoint,

Winepronecowboy

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2012
Yeah, but I'm sure the inside specs will be a real disappointment. Don't expect to run all of today's apps and games on it. There's going to be more than one annoyed customer, with regards to this.

highly likely, hope they are up front about its capability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.