Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nmanma

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2006
Hi I hope I'm not joining too late. I'm a big Animi fan. I have Ranma1/2, Maison Ikkuko, Kenshin (samurai X), Hunter X Hunter, Cowboy Bebop, Conan Future boy, Rave (though I don't recommend it),3 X 3 Eyes, Ashita no joe, Sinibad, UFO robo Grendizer, Captain Harlock. That is the TV animated series, OVA's and the movies if there is any. I have Akira among other movies.
I use to have manga (76 volumes and magazines) for alll the above but thanks to a friend that is history, I don't usually like to talk about it.
now I want the Urusie Yatsura Tv series (all the 195 Episodes),The 11 OVA's and 6 movies. I just don't know how to get it. I'm in England the guy here is giving me a deal of 900£ (2000$) for the 63 or so DVD's. man It's cheaper to go to chine spend a week there maybe see the wall get as many animi as I want (8 Episodes per DVD) and come back!
What do you think guys you have any alternatives??.

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
nmanma said:
Hi I hope I'm not joining too late. I'm a big Animi fan. I have Ranma1/2, Maison Ikkuko, Kenshin (samurai X), Hunter X Hunter, Cowboy Bebop, Conan Future boy, Rave (though I don't recommend it),3 X 3 Eyes, Ashita no joe, Sinibad, UFO robo Grendizer, Captain Harlock. That is the TV animated series, OVA's and the movies if there is any. I have Akira among other movies.
I use to have manga (76 volumes and magazines) for alll the above but thanks to a friend that is history, I don't usually like to talk about it.
now I want the Urusie Yatsura Tv series (all the 195 Episodes),The 11 OVA's and 6 movies. I just don't know how to get it. I'm in England the guy here is giving me a deal of 900£ (2000$) for the 63 or so DVD's. man It's cheaper to go to chine spend a week there maybe see the wall get as many animi as I want (8 Episodes per DVD) and come back!
What do you think guys you have any alternatives??.
Would some English lessons help? :rolleyes:
But, yeah, you're going to want to import at some stage. Usually, it's cheaper than over here (damn "Europe Tax", as I like to call it), and sometimes it's the only way to get it at all (eg, I had to import the NGE Platinum set because it's US only). The problem with living in the EU is that you commonly get a very raw deal

XNine

macrumors 68040
nmanma said:
What do you mean?

Well, yeah, you can get 8 episodes on one DVD from China or Hong Kong, but they suck as bad as Tom Cruise. The video/audio encoding is half-assed, subtitles, if there are any, are produced by the Chinese so none of it is right, or in-sync.

Pay for the offiicial deal. It's worth it.

krimson

macrumors 65816
eva01 said:
oh no this stage is all about the Project D that was mentioned in the 3rd stage. It is so awesome.

Funniest part has to do with the 86 and an Impreza. Its such a good stretch of episodes the entire stage is good.

EDIT: I will say that Takumi's new technique is friggen amazing.

Hmm.. i may have missed something, but i didn't notice a new technique... :confused:

at the risk of sounding harsh.. i found it to be more of the same.

The impreza part was good, but overall it was rather predicible. Takumi always wins, his friends are still women-less.
Kyoko was a good distraction, but they got all sappy during the "last drive" episode.
Project D never actually finishes the series, unless the two "god" characters were the pinnacle of street racing... or will there be a 5th stage... i dunno.

it was okay... nice to watch, and at least no had real fish lips.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
the new move is the hidden trick turing off his lights.

I don't know, I thoroughly enjoyed the anime. But my taste may not be yours. I can't wait till he starts driving the Imprezza in races.

My new anime i am watching is xxxHOLiC and Air Gear as well as Ray the animation. Soon to start up Kiba.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Kiba is pretty cool. I mean, there's the whole "transported to another world" thing, which is pretty common (Escaflowne, 12 Kingdoms, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, and more), but pretty much all of them are different in a pretty big way. Also, Roia =
love-smiley-021.gif

Anyways, I'm watching:
Air Gear
Ah My Goddess 2nd season (yay for groups switching from the 4:3 to widescreen raw!)
Fate/Stay Night
Kiba
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi (many people are going nuts over this one)
Utawarerumono (dog girls! \o/)
Saiunkoku Monogatari
School Rumble 2nd term
TOKKO
ZegaPain
Yume Tsukai
Capeta
Disgaea
and a few others I don't feel like telling you about. :p

krimson

macrumors 65816
eva01 said:
the new move is the hidden trick turing off his lights.

I don't know, I thoroughly enjoyed the anime. But my taste may not be yours. I can't wait till he starts driving the Imprezza in races.

My new anime i am watching is xxxHOLiC and Air Gear as well as Ray the animation. Soon to start up Kiba.

OHHHH!!!! the lights.. i kind of forgot about that. :eek:
So have they announced a 5th season? I haven't seen any new bits on that.

meaculpa20v

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2005
Santa Cruz
Personally I like Berzerk, Kyo, and Cowboy Bebop the most.

oh, you know what else I really liked was the Animatrix. It seems a lot of people didn't like it. I DID THOUGH!!

Eric

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Kiki's Dilevery service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahahah, thats all the anime i have really seen, and it was sort of nice.

~L~

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2006
Ergo Proxy anyone? I'm a bit behind, only on episode 7 but I'm starting to really enjoy it!

and Bleach should be good once the fillers are over :D

edit: forgot about Hellsing OVA, hopefully the long wait for the subbed episode 2 will be over soon!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Macross Plus was the best I've seen from the Macross series; in my opinion one of the greatest anime sagas ever. Inuyasha is good as well, although they never finish the dam thing! I saw Ramna 1/2 tossed around here, it was fun, but like many animes, never had an ending.

Naruto is shaping up good, let's see if it stays that way (dear god the amount of filler this anime has!) Gantz is another good anime/manga (anime is supposedly done). However as per good comedic entertainment, I have to say Full Metal Panic! Fumofu? takes the top part.

Malsi

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I love anime, the first anime I ever watched was Inuyasha. I grew tired of it to. Then Naruto, Samurai Champloo, Spirited Away, Full Metal Panic, Steel Angel Kurumi, Elfen Lied...... The list goes on and on.
Of all the anime I watch, the one that has the most replay value, in my opinion, is Gintama. I can watch the same episodes over and over Amd burst out laughing. It's a shame they stopped making the show.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
*bump*

Gundam Seed remastered finished last week. Pretty good stuff. Disappointed Perfect Strike wasn't animated past the Orb battle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-19 at 11.20.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-19 at 11.20.24 AM.png
    379.2 KB · Views: 86

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I love Anime :). I don't have time to really watch it though. I prefer manga, but those things cost like $10 each and they take like less than an hour to finish :'(. When I have the time, I might start writing a manga I was wanting to :).

Also, Big O is amazing.

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
I am currently in the middle of a fairly new Anime called Sword Art Online.

Its pretty neat storyline, especially if you like Video Games or MMO's.

Its about a young guy who is a gamer, and the new game which he Beta tested for called Sword Art Online just comes out, its a medevil MMO that requires you to put on a helmet, and sort of Matrix style's you into a digital world.

Well it becomes apparent theres no way to exit the game, and the games creater pulls all the avatars into one place and reveals that the only way to leave the game is to get to the final boss, and if anyones helmet is pulled off, they will die, and if they die in the game, they will die in real life as well.

Its interesting, emotional, but the plot for now leaves a little to be desired, it feels more like vignettes of the same character then a flowing storyline. But otherwise its not bad.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Love most of the Ghibli's I've seen so far - personal favorites would be Kiki, Grave of the Fireflies and Spirited Away - My Neighbor Totoro is said to be excellent as well, but I haven't seen it up to now.
Then there is Cowboy Bebop and of course Ghost in the Shell (the original one, not the one with added CGI). Also liked GitS: Innocence quite a lot. The Stand Alone Complex not so much. Vampire Hunter D, Metropolis and The Wolf Brigade are always appreciated, too.

Do you people watch them dubbed? I mostly try to avoid it, so with engl. subs.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Zombie ADV is still around and Funimation is king unless you are grabbing licenses up for god knows why like Sentai Filmworks (mostly ADV staff). If you are actually interested in the industry David Williams is going to be at Anime Crossroads in Indianapolis early next month and has a very informative panel. Not to mention getting swag during his quiz show.

Streaming sounds nice but there is barely any money to be made in it. Selling those pressed optical discs is still the money maker but we are not in the early 2000's. Nothing has really sold like Fullmetal Alchemist in years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.