Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Occamsrazr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
I am not happy to have to wait 3 weeks to buy a new computer so I have decided to switch to Commodore operating system. I know there are some drawbacks to using a 25 year old computer, but at least I won't have to wait 3 weeks to use the computer and it also has a floppy drive which stupid Apple removed, thinking people do not use this media anymore.

Stupid apple. They will be sorry. I hope more people switch to commodore, like me.

mapleleafer

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2009
Yeah. The kids on this forum have NO idea. Floppy drive? Heck, I started out with a cassette drive. The floppy was a huge innovation. Boy, I miss DOS. And that 20 MB (yes, MB) hard drive on my first IBM compatible was HUGE. No idea.

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
I am not happy to have to wait 3 weeks to buy a new computer so I have decided to switch to Commodore operating system. I know there are some drawbacks to using a 25 year old computer, but at least I won't have to wait 3 weeks to use the computer and it also has a floppy drive which stupid Apple removed, thinking people do not use this media anymore.

Stupid apple. They will be sorry. I hope more people switch to commodore, like me.

This! Just finished dusting off the Data General Eclipse in my basement. Lets see. Load 80mb disk platter pack in disk drive. Load paper in teletype. Was it "boot sys"? Or "b sys"? Damn, where's that manual.

Jane333

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Michigan USA
Yeah. The kids on this forum have NO idea. Floppy drive? Heck, I started out with a cassette drive. The floppy was a huge innovation. Boy, I miss DOS. And that 20 MB (yes, MB) hard drive on my first IBM compatible was HUGE. No idea.

LOL - I remember filling out the little dots on the punch card in Junior High to send to the computer at the High School in the days before personal computers!

gertruded

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Northwestern Illinois
Searching for which vacuum tube was malfunctioning frequently resulted in burned fingers.

The card sorting machine always seemed to jamb at the most critical time. Some one was always putting staples in the punch cards.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
OMG!!!
You have to wait THREE WEEKS!!!

The HORROR!!! THREE WEEKS!!!

Somebody missed out on that part of human development where the infant learns to defer gratification.

Attachments

• Sad Face - baby.png
    Sad Face - baby.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 333
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.