Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I am going to sell my 2010 macbook pro. I had installed Mountain Lion on it several months ago. I just tried to reinstall Mountain Lion again and it made me do an internet recovery and log in to my iTunes account before reinstalling. There was no other option or way to install it.

Once the buyer buys the macbook pro he will likely install yet again and he wont be able to because he doesnt have my itunes info.

so is there basically no way for me to sell this machine with mountain lion or??

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
According to this link, which I googled quickly, the quoted SLA part B states:

B. If you obtained your license to the Apple Software from the Mac App Store, it is not transferable. If you sell your Apple-branded hardware to a third party, you must remove the Apple Software from the Apple-branded hardware before doing so, and you may restore your system to the version of the Apple operating system software that originally came with your Apple hardware (the “Original Apple OS”) and permanently transfer the Original Apple OS together with your Apple hardware...

So if SLA's are to be believed then no, you can't transfer it with ML installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.