Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KRB24

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
In the old iTunes, there used to be an arrow button at the top right next to the artist name and song title that used to locate the current song being played. That button is no longer there in 11. How do I do it in 11?

itunes.jpg

jmcrutch

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
The button you are referring to still exists - I used it this evening. I'm not at my mac right now so I cannot take a picture, but I promise it's still there, although I don't think it was in the exact same place. Like a lot of new things in iTunes 11, it's possible that it's there in some views but not in others.

KRB24

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
I found another way. if you right click or crtl click on the song name at the top, you get an option to click on current song.

jmcrutch

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
OK - I knew it was still there ...

all you have to do is hover your cursor over the song title window/bar (where you used to see the button you are looking for before) and it appears. Move your cursor somewhere else and it disappears. Its sort of like how OSX and iOS deal with scrollbars now - its there where you need it.

Its a right arrow button - click on it and it gives you a list of options, one of which is "go to 'song title'"

gurudeva

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Found it!

Having to click on that right arrow and then select "go to current song" sucked and "Command-L" isn't working. I looked and it's now "Command-S"!

tl;dr- Hit "Command-S" to go to current song in iTunes 11

Variant

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
Having to click on that right arrow and then select "go to current song" sucked and "Command-L" isn't working. I looked and it's now "Command-S"!

tl;dr- Hit "Command-S" to go to current song in iTunes 11

Weird. Command-S does not work for me. Command-L works perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.