Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renosausage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
15" rMBP Base Model
Bought it in September 2012

256gb SSD
2.3 GHz Intel COre i7
8 gigs ram
Nvidia 650m

I bought AppleCare for it, so the warranty expires September 4, 2015

It has an iCarbons skin on it that has never been removed since the first day I bought it. I still haven't removed it, so I'm sure it has no scratches on the aluminum finish.

I had the display replaced in March because of Image Retention

They replaced it with a Samsung Display :D and it looks really awesome. (I have the paperwork for this)

I still have the original packaging and accessories

I'm gonna be selling it on eBay soon, what price should I sell it for?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
My rule of thumb is at least 10% under what a refurb would run you. Forget the skins, while they're nice for you, someone may not care or want them.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I would say.....

taking a loss, maybe 25% off from a similar spec refurb. But taking in account you have AppleCare vs. the normal warranty on refurbs, maybe a 10% off is better. Pending in how well care the machines was and no cosmetic or functional issues....and yes, forget about the covers....

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.