Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:48 PM   #1
nec207
macrumors 6502

Why do I get a Notifications when people reply to me

It seems every time some one replies to me I get a '''Your Notifications'' by the private messages thing .

When I click on the '''Your Notifications'' it well takes me to my thread I made or the thread I posted in.

Is there way to turn this off so I'm not getting all these '''Your Notifications'' as I think some one is PM me.

It was not like this before with macrumors.

I think it may be called Quote Notifications.
nec207 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:54 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec207 View Post
It seems every time some one replies to me I get a '''Your Notifications'' by the private messages thing .

When I click on the '''Your Notifications'' it well takes me to my thread I made or the thread I posted in.

Is there way to turn this off so I'm not getting all these '''Your Notifications'' as I think some one is PM me.

It was not like this before with macrumors.

I think it may be called Quote Notifications.
Click Quote Notifications to turn them off. It's also located at the bottom of the left-hand menu of User CP which you can click in the upper left corner of this page.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:16 PM   #3
grapes911
Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

Quote Notifications were added in December. So yes, you are correct that they didn't always exist. They were not only turned on for the forum, but they were turned on for every member. GGJstudios is correct on how to disable them for your specific account.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback