Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nec207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
It seems every time some one replies to me I get a '''Your Notifications'' by the private messages thing .

When I click on the '''Your Notifications'' it well takes me to my thread I made or the thread I posted in.

Is there way to turn this off so I'm not getting all these '''Your Notifications'' as I think some one is PM me.

It was not like this before with macrumors.

I think it may be called Quote Notifications.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It seems every time some one replies to me I get a '''Your Notifications'' by the private messages thing .

When I click on the '''Your Notifications'' it well takes me to my thread I made or the thread I posted in.

Is there way to turn this off so I'm not getting all these '''Your Notifications'' as I think some one is PM me.

It was not like this before with macrumors.

I think it may be called Quote Notifications.

Click Quote Notifications to turn them off. It's also located at the bottom of the left-hand menu of User CP which you can click in the upper left corner of this page.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Quote Notifications were added in December. So yes, you are correct that they didn't always exist. They were not only turned on for the forum, but they were turned on for every member. GGJstudios is correct on how to disable them for your specific account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.