Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I noticed that the text of the usual first post for the POTD thread is getting a bit long in the tooth and needs some editing. I want to remove the reference to the Fortnightly Challenge from the copy that I keep in my Google Docs folder for starting the thread and permanently add the link to the thread archive that resides in the Digital Photography sticky. The line that reads:

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here **

Does anyone else see a need to add or delete anything from this document? Are the tutorials reasonably up to date and helpful?

All suggestions are welcome.

Dale

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
I'm just about ready to go online with my web site so you should add a link to that. ;)

Seriously though, you have a good finger on the pulse of the community. I think you have it right.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
I agree with LR. You are the Great Herder of the Cats that frequent this site and your instincts have proven to be correct in the past.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I'm just about ready to go online with my web site so you should add a link to that. ;)

Seriously though, you have a good finger on the pulse of the community. I think you have it right.

I agree with LR. You are the Great Herder of the Cats that frequent this site and your instincts have proven to be correct in the past.

You are so kind. And I'm so modest...;)

Actually, a "Photographers of Mac Rumors DP" links sticky isn't such a bad idea. A little self promotion goes a long way.

Dale

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX
Actually, a "Photographers of Mac Rumors DP" links sticky isn't such a bad idea. A little self promotion goes a long way.

Dale

That's a good idea!

This, and the other thread about how we got into photography made me remember that I need to put some time aside to meet you and pick up that film gear you offered me. I found a guy who can fix the shutter speed issue with my grandpa's SRT-101 :)

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
^^^ I lost that light meter but found it. That was some time ago, so it may be lost again...:p
---------------------
I may be off-line for the next week or so and will take care of this bit of business when I get back. It's not really kicking up a lot of dust.

Dale

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
I think those two changes are a good idea, but the rest all looks okay still for now. Thanks DD, you're a star!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.