Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 8, 2012, 09:03 AM   #26
catalyst6
macrumors 6502

I had a black iPad 1 (obviously) and a white iPad 2 to mix things up. I also have a white iPhone 4S. I really do love the white iDevices, but I felt compelled to get the new iPad in black.

With the display being the focus of the device, I did not want ANYTHING (I am an OCD videophile) to distract from the quality of the display. I can truthfully say that the white bezel did look awkward at times (other times it looked great). In this case, I just want this device to be a gorgeous display and I find that the black bezel tends to "disappear" better when you are holding it.

I'll probably just end up alternating every year, but change is good
catalyst6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 09:05 AM   #27
RenoG
macrumors 65816

Xanthos' pictures just convinced me. I will never get any white ipad or iphone. Thank you Xanthos
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 09:13 AM   #28
Xanthos
macrumors member

You're welcome.

I was so torn between the 2 choices that I skipped dinner to do my research. Even after changing my order, I wasn't really sure. But now, Manilae and you have convinced me that I made the right choice.
Xanthos is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:32 PM   #29
welshgeek
macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I know I am late to party with this thread but I find myself facing the same problem as all of you did. I've read a lot of the pros and cons about white vs black bezel but still nothing is any clearer in terms of making a decision.
I am in uni and would use my iPad for uni work and also for watching videos. So my question to you because you've a'll had your iPads a considerable length of time, do you regret the colour you chose and what are the problems associated?
Any response is appreciated believe you me.
welshgeek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:38 PM   #30
imlovinit
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshgeek View Post
Hey guys, I know I am late to party with this thread but I find myself facing the same problem as all of you did. I've read a lot of the pros and cons about white vs black bezel but still nothing is any clearer in terms of making a decision.
I am in uni and would use my iPad for uni work and also for watching videos. So my question to you because you've a'll had your iPads a considerable length of time, do you regret the colour you chose and what are the problems associated?
Any response is appreciated believe you me.

I have the white for several months now and no regrets at all. It's not distracting and quite beautiful IMO compared to the black which I find a bit dull now in comparison. Though really any way you go you really cannot lose since the ipad in general is quite remarkable.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:55 PM   #31
pk7
macrumors 6502

My iPhone 3G and 3GS were both black, but since then, my iPhone 4S is white, the iPad 2 I had loaned from work about a year ago was white, the iPad 4 I have on order is white, and I plan to get the next generation iPhone in white next year.

I didn't mind the black 3G/3GS, but since then, I've grown to love white Apple products. To me, it looks sleek and it masks dust and fingerprints very well. I also do a ton of web browsing so the screen and bezel blend in just fine. Even when I watch movies, I have never been distracted by the white bezel. It also looks nice next to my MacBook Pro.

While I agree that black tends to look more professional, it all comes down to personal preference. To each their own. The color of your iDevice says nothing about you as a person, and isn't something that any normal person would read into too much. Maybe the only reason I got sick of white for a period of time was that everyone and their mother got a white iPhone 4S, but even then, I got over it quickly.
pk7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:57 PM   #32
JoJo Zzang
macrumors member

White. I like the contrast.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:01 AM   #33
Awakener
macrumors 6502

All black just looks so outdated and drab, and always dirty. The white looks clean, modern and doesn't make the screen seem so small and enclosed.
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:08 AM   #34
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

I find white works best for a variety of task like surfing, email, books, magazines, etc, but if all you do is watch videos then get the black.

Last edited by darngooddesign; Nov 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:22 AM   #35
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

I've handled the black bezel and currenly have the white bezel on my iPhone 4 and iPad mini. I personally don't find the white bezel distracting at all. I could understand how one might think that white is distracting, but it has never bothered me when watching videos.

Last edited by EMAN19; Nov 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
EMAN19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:18 PM   #36
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
I've always loved the white iPad. I owned the iPad 1 but not 2.

So when the Apple Store opened after the media event, I went straight for the white one.

12 hours and a good sleep later, I called Apple to change my order to black.

I did some research and compared pictures. And after changing my order, I went to the nearest mall to check out both colours and I'm glad I made the switch.

I figured, I love the white one because it's aesthetically beautiful. But I'll probably get sick of it in a month. Practically, the black one is the way to go. As many articles on tech blogs stated, there's a reason why televisions have black frames.

I'll probably envy those with the white iPad whenever I see them on the street, but I rather be envious than having buyer's remorse.

Anyway, during my research, these are the 2 pictures that sealed the deal for me.
Pictures are deceptive. Try expanding both pictures to fill the screens, and try different lighting situations. As a user of both the pictures just don't match real life use.
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:35 PM   #37
-Halcyon
macrumors newbie

My iPad and iPhone are both white and I love them. ^.^ I'm just a fan of white in general. I think that it looks more clean, and I just think that everything in white looks nicer. I don't really watch movies on either device, so I've never really had an issue with the contrast.
-Halcyon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:58 PM   #38
Liquinn
macrumors 68020

I like how the colors of my 13" MBP, Thunderbolt Display, two iPads and iPhone go together. That's my opinion anyway. It all goes together nice. :3

Plus black's my favorite color. D:

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad