Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
should i stay away from rooted phones??

one dude who wants to trade says its rooted.

You can always use Samsung Keis to flash the default rom which erases everything and bring things back to factory(out of the box). That's the 100% way to ensure nothing malicious is embedded.

Or you can do a factory reset from the phone itself. Not sure if it's 100% safe since a slightly differ rom could be already flashed.

kiltedthrower

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
Do you have a carrier that allows a certain amount of time to check out a phone and return it if you don't like it? If so, that would be my suggestion. Spend a couple weeks with the Note 2 if you can. I love my Note 1 and will be moving to the Note 2 in January.

But if you're gonna buy it from an individual, I'd go rooted.

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
I'm meeting up with someone else today to trade for their note 2.

Meeting a sprint store also, to be safe.

I didn't want to trade the other guy for his note 2 because I didn't want to deal with any problems since it was rooted. I just want it stock.

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
I like my note 2 so far... super big screen and I love the features.

gpat

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2011
Italy
If I were to describe the Note 2 with one word, "overwhelming" would be it.
Overwhelming screen, overwhelming battery, overwhelming feature set and options in every context. I'm sure the iPhone has appeal to a much broader audience, but if you like the Note strong points, nothing can even come close to being an alternative. You never feel limited once you master it.
The dimensions are overwhelming as well, and even the complexity of some options could catch unprepared anybody, but that's just the spirit of the phone.
Having a digitizer with a pen to take notes with is only the tip of the iceberg for this phone. Calling it "Note" is insulting. They should've called it "Pro", "Extreme", "Maximum" or something like that.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I have a question for any past iPhone 4S users who are now using a Note 2 (or S3 I guess):

Does the camera on the Note 2/S3 ready itself for shooting significantly faster than the one on the 4S?

I am currently using the 4S but am considering switching to Note 2, and it suddenly dawned on me tonight how often the cam on my 4S loads up too slow for me to catch the "Kodak moment"... (nephews in a hilarious fight over board game, missed the opportunity by about two seconds :()

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I have a question for any past iPhone 4S users who are now using a Note 2 (or S3 I guess):

Does the camera on the Note 2/S3 ready itself for shooting significantly faster than the one on the 4S?

I am currently using the 4S but am considering switching to Note 2, and it suddenly dawned on me tonight how often the cam on my 4S loads up too slow for me to catch the "Kodak moment"... (nephews in a hilarious fight over board game, missed the opportunity by about two seconds :()

I had a 4S and now have a S3, I must admit, that from memory, the 4S and S3 are about equal, but if, as you say, you missed the shot by about 2 seconds, my S3 loads up quicker than that.

Sorry, I know that, that probably doesn't help, but I find it difficult remembering the speed of one against one held physically.:)

bsurb

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
FL
the camera on the note 2 shoots VERYYY fast.... it has a mode that snaps 8 photos in seconds and you choose the best one of the 8....

my girlfriends little sister was using my phone yesterday to take xmas pictures, she was like WOW... this camera is fast lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.