Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:18 PM   #1
deltaways
macrumors newbie

Auto Submit Forum

Hello,

I wonder if you can help me on I hope a simple issue I have.

Im working on submitting info to a site that using a form to submit information from a receipt.

When you visit the site you have to enter about 7 fields and then you press enter and a small box opens for you to add your email address.

So basically it uses

Quote:
CutoverInstore?ReceiptDate=12%2F11%2F2012%2003%3A32%3A00&Hours=3&Minutes=32&Day=11&Month=12&Year=12& TillNumber=11&StoreNumber=3425&OperatorNumber=1084&TicketNumber=4166
If the link was active you would then get a pop up box to enter your email address which I wish to bypass and have the email withing the submit link.

anyone help me?
deltaways is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:02 AM   #2
SrWebDeveloper
macrumors 68000

If all you want is to " have the email withing the submit link" it's simply adding another argument on to the end, i.e. &email=someone@wherever.com

There are two problems with this. First, you'll need to adjust the form processor (after submit) to recognize/validate the new input field "email" if its not a universal forms processor like formmail on the back end. Secondly, you never described how that link is generated to begin with, but you'll need to get that email from somewhere when creating the link (database?).

On a side note there are security concerns with exposing data via GET vs. POST, especially an email address, due to cross site scripting (XSS) on submit, easily altered data and possible SQL injection issues if a database is involved on the back end. Had to mention it.

If you are confused by my response, note I am confused by your description where you noted the email box twice and mentioned an active link and also a submit link - please better explain the process from start to end as I'm lost and took a best guess at this. No offense, of course!
SrWebDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development