Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mwjd299

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2003
Santa Maria, CA
Ohhh that's great, I can't wait to watch Lady Gaga open the festival. She'll be performing APPLAUSE (out now on iTunes!), a long with a bunch of new songs from her album, ARTPOP.

I also can't wait. Lady Gaga is back. She will open the MTV Video Music Awards show on Aug. 25th. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Does anyone know if there's any plans to bring LoveFilm to the Apple TV? Also things like iPlayer, ITV, 4OD and Channel 5? Things to turn it into a proper smart TV with the features we expect from the likes of Samsung and LG. Apple seem to be being very selective with the services they have on Apple TV. Though no doubt that's not entirely their fault.

A guess an App Store would deal with these things.

No plans that I'm aware of as they don't tend to announce these things in advance, but I don't see why they wouldn't add them over time. It would certainly make the AppleTV more attractive in the UK.

I think that's Apple masterplan. To slowly add more and more channels to the point were not being on there leaves the content provider at a disadvantage. This would certainly make it a viable alternative to cable/satellite for many people.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
No plans that I'm aware of as they don't tend to announce these things in advance, but I don't see why they wouldn't add them over time. It would certainly make the AppleTV more attractive in the UK.

I think that's Apple masterplan. To slowly add more and more channels to the point were not being on there leaves the content provider at a disadvantage. This would certainly make it a viable alternative to cable/satellite for many people.

Exactly. I see it as being a replacement for these 'smart TV' sets. Just buy yourself a digital TV and an Apple TV, you'd have all the features of a 'smart' TV but far more elegant and organised than anything else on the market. Seems the perfect and most logical way for Apple to dominate the TV market in its current state.

kds1

Suspended
Feb 17, 2013
New York, New York
I've never watched these shows before. So, these are full concerts? So, on Sept 1st, Lady GaGa will be performing a full concert? Or is it just a few songs?

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
Yessss of course! Watched it on my Apple TV :)

My favourite was MANiCURE I think. But I loved them all. Swine sounds like it'll be amazing in the studio version.

I loved ARTPOP and SWINE. Aura was amazing too. Hard to choose a favourite.

kds1

Suspended
Feb 17, 2013
New York, New York
They are full concerts. You can stream them live or watch a replay of the gig afterwards.

I did watch the first show live, but, seems like there is no on demand replay? For those of you who have watched these shows in the past? How long does it take for the replay to be posted?

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2012
I did watch the first show live, but, seems like there is no on demand replay? For those of you who have watched these shows in the past? How long does it take for the replay to be posted?

I'm guessing since Lady Gaga was performing her new songs from an album that hasn't been released yet that her concert is not going to be available for replay.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
I've never watched these shows before. So, these are full concerts? So, on Sept 1st, Lady GaGa will be performing a full concert? Or is it just a few songs?

That Gaga woman didn't do a full concert, just 8 songs.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England

The full gig from night's Sigur Rós show is already available to view. They are usually available straight away so I'm guessing Lady Gaga has not allowed repeat viewing of her show.

egoistaxx9

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
but still no app for the iphone unveil event.
maybe apple will take a surprising turn and unveil the iphone 5s/c at the itunes festival.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
but still no app for the iphone unveil event.
maybe apple will take a surprising turn and unveil the iphone 5s/c at the itunes festival.

Why would there be an app for an event they haven't officially announced yet?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Last time it only came on line a few hours before the WWDC 2013 Keynote started.

Sure, but September 10th is many days away. They aren't going to add it now when most of the press hasn't even gotten the invite yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.