Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Closed Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:44 AM   #26
snberk103
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by krspkbl View Post
Replacement came. Another damaged key. Phoned up Apple AGAIN and just asked for a refund.

I had 3 boxes. 3 Airs. 3237 worth. Sent back to Apple. Awaiting refund of 1079.

Should I risk it and buy another one? I was really enjoying my Air. Surely not all them have ****** keys and turn up chipped/ scratched??
This isn't an Apple issue, it's just your turn to be crapped on. Won't make you feel better, perhaps... but the thundercloud over your head will eventually move on and crap on someone else. In your case it just randomly happened to be Apple products.

Let me explain. I spent many years in the hotel business, in one way or another connected to the front desk. And every once in awhile we'd get a guest where everything went wrong. We'd screw up, and we would have put them in the wrong room. Or we lost their reservation. Then we'd find out that before they even got to our city the airline had screwed up and lost their luggage. So we'd comp them a dinner or something. And the waiter would drop the soup bowl into their lap. So we'd send the suit out for cleaning, and the dry-cleaner would screw up somehow.

All rare occurrences in a good hotel, but sometimes they'd all happen to the same guest.

Meanwhile... their rental car will get vandalized (not parked at our lot) the restaurant that their boss told them to go to gives them food poisoning. The museum that they came to see has a fire the week before, so it's closed, etc etc. All happening to the same guest.

And there is nothing that we - as a hotel - can do. As far as the guest is concerned our hotel, our city, our country is cursed. And - for them - it was.

One time, when I was working as a trainer, I was at a another property going over the room charges with the night auditor. I noticed a bunch of comps and rate reductions for a guest - the kind of things you would do for a guest being crapped on. After that the front desk thought I was some sort of clairvoyant - I would see this guest coming back, through the doors and I would make 3 or 4 suggestions about what went wrong that day for the guest - (Did they lose their keys, did they get lost on the subway, were they served terrible meal at a highly recommended restaurant, etc). And for the next 3 days one of my suggestions was bang on, each and every day. I'm guessing that they never ever came back to Vancouver. After all - how often do you think BC Hydro drops a transformer onto a parked car? Into a full parking lot, without a scratch to any other car. Just his. Flattened. Even I didn't see that one coming.

Sometimes you just gotta wait it out. It will end, and the only comfort is that now it is someone else's turn to be crapped on.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air