Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Should I sell my iPad 4 now as Apple's bringing out the iPad 5 soon?

Thanks.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Yes. Probably Keynote presentation in Sept/Oct and available in Applestores in Oct/Nov. I don't think it will be earlier, but we all are guessing.
So I still have six months with the latest and the greatest iPad then? 6 months is quite a while away.

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
You should ask yourself: Do I need a new iPad every product cycle? For the environment's sake: No. Think Green. ;)

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
You should ask yourself: Do I need a new iPad every product cycle? For the environment's sake: No. Think Green. ;)

How does that make sense?
It's not like he's going to purchase a new one and discard the old one.
The older model will be recycled back to a consumer.

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
The older model will be recycled back to a consumer.

If I buy an electronic product, it only lands in the trash when it's no longer repairable. The iPad 4 is well enough for the next 5 or more years. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

gohoomoa

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
Better return it cause it is outdated already with the forthcoming ipad and then that one will be outdated with the next ipad after that one, etc. etc.

Nah, it was a nice jump for me from ipad 1 to this, previous comment was meant as a joke ;)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Should I sell my iPad 4 now as Apple's bringing out the iPad 5 soon?

Thanks.

What would the iPad 5 do that makes you want to sell your fairly new iPad 4?

I'd say that the apple updates are typically incremental and any update between the 4 and 5 will be so small that it may not be advisable to sell the 4 just to have the 5. Plus why be without an iPad for 1 to 3 months (if not longer if supply is constrained)

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
What would the iPad 5 do that makes you want to sell your fairly new iPad 4?

I'd say that the apple updates are typically incremental and any update between the 4 and 5 will be so small that it may not be advisable to sell the 4 just to have the 5. Plus why be without an iPad for 1 to 3 months (if not longer if supply is constrained)

Yeah, 4 to 5 not worth it even with the thinner lighter better screen rumours floating around. But anybody with a 1,2 and to a lesser extent 3 will probably jump at the chance to upgrade. I know my 2 has served me brilliantly but I'll be 1st in the Apple online store line for the next one.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Some people seem to constantly plan for the future at the risk of missing what today has to offer. Will the OP enjoy their iPad 5 or will they be always worrying about it being superseded by the 6. It never ends!!:)

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
When the rumors on hardware for the next gen ipad start coming fast and furious, is a good time to sell. You can even wait as long as the announcement date for the keynote since most people don't follow tech news as closely as geeks. eBay and Craigslist will give you best bang for your buck.

arefbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2010
Some people seem to constantly plan for the future at the risk of missing what today has to offer. Will the OP enjoy their iPad 5 or will they be always worrying about it being superseded by the 6. It never ends!!:)

That's the truth!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.