Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wyattjozwowski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2013
I'm extremely frustrated right now. I've been trying to export my video from FCP X all day... It exports fine but the audio is choppy. When I play it in FCP, it plays fine and audio quality is great, but once I export it (Doesn't matter what file type) then the audio is always choppy and weird. It's hard to explain what it sounds like, I guess choppy is the best word to describe it.

I had this problem last time I made a video with FCP X, so I've been avoiding it when possible and using imovie. I'm so pissed right now... how can a free program produce good quality audio but fcp can't....

I see people online are having the same problem but no one can solve it.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
I think the word you were looking for is frustrated. I know the feeling but i always think many people come on this forum and your word p........ might not go down well.
Regards your problem. Firstly have you checked on the FCP-X help section?
Ask yourself what ratio did you import your footage and are you exporting the footage under the same level.
Also go into inspector and click on timeline and check your info of clip.
What version of FCP-X are you using. 10.0.7?
I think you are exporting your video under wrong audio settings?

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Are your project settings right? Make sure you have the sample rate equivalent to the source material.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.