iPhones are horrible to type on compared to Android - Page 5 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:42 PM   #101
Destroysall
macrumors 65816

I use a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, and I personally feel the opposite. My phone has the world's smallest space bar, so using it is just a hassle in my opinion.

destroysall.
Destroysall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:42 PM   #102
cynics
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttye View Post
Disagree - there's a different method to it. If you start swiping towards a key, but then dither, you can confuse the keyboard. Like someone else said, you kinda have to "plot your route."
I agree. I don't know how my brain works but it must be in to of a chaotic manner because I screw up swype quite often.

Swiftkeys on the other hand I find awesome. I just use the normal jelly bean keyboard.

I don't have a lot to many issues with the iOS keyboard but its just missing a lot of basic features. I wish the keys would show upper OR lowercase. And single suggestions suck. In apps like tapatalk it shows the suggestion down so you can't see it.

Here's a pic of what I mean. You see "suggesti" is highlighted? That's because the suggestion is below it, there is no way to access it.

Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:04 PM   #103
L!veW!r3
macrumors newbie

Taking sides accomplishes very little. Having used PCs and Macs for the past 20 years and seeing them evolve, I'd recommend that you get yourself an Apple arsenal and NEVER look back! I promise you nothing bt peace of mind. If you love and enjoy argument, well, dive in soldier!
L!veW!r3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:24 PM   #104
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

Depends on the device. Overall, I find iOS to be better than most android devices. That being said, I like both platforms.
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:51 PM   #105
matttye
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
I agree. I don't know how my brain works but it must be in to of a chaotic manner because I screw up swype quite often.

Swiftkeys on the other hand I find awesome. I just use the normal jelly bean keyboard.

I don't have a lot to many issues with the iOS keyboard but its just missing a lot of basic features. I wish the keys would show upper OR lowercase. And single suggestions suck. In apps like tapatalk it shows the suggestion down so you can't see it.

Here's a pic of what I mean. You see "suggesti" is highlighted? That's because the suggestion is below it, there is no way to access it.

Yeah that's an annoying bug.

I wish that the iPhone had these features: -

1. Allow us to modify the custom dictionary to add our own words, as the keyboard takes too long to "learn."
2. Long press for numbers.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:27 PM   #106
cynics
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttye View Post
Yeah that's an annoying bug.

I wish that the iPhone had these features: -

1. Allow us to modify the custom dictionary to add our own words, as the keyboard takes too long to "learn."
2. Long press for numbers.
I forgot about the personal dictionary. It's nice being able to modify or delete autocorrections.

Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:10 AM   #107
SlCKB0Y
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I forgot about the personal dictionary. It's nice being able to modify or delete autocorrections.

Wow, I'm impressed. My personal dictionary would most certainly not be appropriate to post up here.
SlCKB0Y is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:55 AM   #108
cynics
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlCKB0Y View Post
Wow, I'm impressed. My personal dictionary would most certainly not be appropriate to post up here.
I had to carefully scroll to a certain part and delete a couple things.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:21 PM   #109
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Swiftkey, my friends. Swiftkey.

The auto correction is... unbelievably good. Literally... I can't believe it knows what I meant to type.

Then in the few occasions it predicts the rest of my sentences for me... now that's truly magic, Mr. Jobs.
Sorry for quoting an older response, but if you allow swiftkey access to your emails and such to figure out your typing methods better, does that pose any sort of security risk to the user? Just wondering if this would allow the dev's any sort of potential access to your personal emails or texts.

If that's not the case, I will definitely look into this if/when I get an android device.

Quote:
Add siri's awesome dictation to the equation and you are asking for trouble.

She knows me all to well....
Crap I was hoping to coin the phrase "wtf siri" and make millions off a website.

Last edited by vastoholic; Dec 9, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
vastoholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:22 PM   #110
onthecouchagain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
Sorry for quoting an older response, but if you allow swiftkey access to your emails and such to figure out your typing methods better, does that pose any sort of security risk to the user? Just wondering if this would allow the dev's any sort of potential access to your personal emails or texts.

If that's not the case, I will definitely look into this if/when I get an android device.

Don't know. I'm pretty sure it's fine, but you can visit their website to double check.

You don't have to have them read your emails. You can have them try your Texts too. Or just let the app learn from your general typing. If you type a lot, it'll learn pretty quickly.

I love Swiftkey.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 03:32 PM   #111
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Don't know. I'm pretty sure it's fine, but you can visit their website to double check.

You don't have to have them read your emails. You can have them try your Texts too. Or just let the app learn from your general typing. If you type a lot, it'll learn pretty quickly.

I love Swiftkey.
Awesome. Can't wait to try it out sometime.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices