Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auriphrygia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
I've been thinking about getting an ipad mini for med school for a while and i've already pre-ordered it, but I am starting to think that a regular ipad might be better. I'm mostly going to be using it during lectures to take notes/annotate slides, to view ebooks and just general studying. however, I really like the portability of the ipad mini and would love to be able to just pull out my ipad and study on my ride on the subway.
If anyone has used the normal ipad for school and studying, would you consider the ipad mini to be a better choice? I really can't decide and I would love to get some feedback.

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
the reagular iPad is better in any subject (except portability) I use it for physics classes (lots of writing, reading, annotating) and I would not like to do it on any smaller tablet.

Danando1993

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2010
For me the mini works perfect, I study architecture and find the small size just as easy to work with as the regular size. I did have an iPad 2 but didn't use it anywhere near as much as the mini.

The size of the mini allows me to easily use it on public transport, quickly sketch and take notes while on site and also read PDFs/note take in lectures.

All round I couldn't be happier.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
It appears to be a personal choice thing. For myself, the iPad is perfect. I've written a bunch on these forums for using the iPad in academia (see my profile), but just about everything I wrote applies to the Mini. I prefer retina and full size pages, and don't mind carrying it around in my man bag, but it all depends on you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.