Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esuh90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
my iphone 5 i will buy will be my only second phone i will buy brand new since about 7-8 years ago now (I have been all my other phones 2nd hand... lol).

so a very very very newbie question here.

would i need to charge the phone before i turn it on?? back in those days i was told if i charge it 24hrs before turning it on for the first time, it would increase battery life.

is this still true for iphone5? (or if it even was in the first place. lol)

real embarrassed to ask but hey, its the internet.. no one knows who i am :p

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
my iphone 5 i will buy will be my only second phone i will buy brand new since about 7-8 years ago now (I have been all my other phones 2nd hand... lol).

would i need to charge the phone before i turn it on?? back in those days i was told if i charge it 24hrs before turning it on for the first time, it would increase battery life.

since you're new... no

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada

It'll come charged already to about the half way mark. Most people will tell you to run it out totally and then fully charge back up to 100%

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I've always wondered how they load the software onto the phones. Do they hook it up to like this giant computer that puts iOS 6 on it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.