Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
hi,

ok, so i just downloaded the new iTunes (not the biggest fan). As I saw my new playlist, for some reason, next to each song i decided to hit the little cloud button not knowing exactly what it would do. I believe i backed them up to the cloud. I dont want to do this. I already back my songs up via time machine. how do i "un-back" them up from the cloud?

also, i noticed not every song had the option to hit the could icon, why is this?

also ..where are my playlist that used to be on the left hand side?

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
hi,

ok, so i just downloaded the new iTunes (not the biggest fan). As I saw my new playlist, for some reason, next to each song i decided to hit the little cloud button not knowing exactly what it would do. I believe i backed them up to the cloud. I dont want to do this. I already back my songs up via time machine. how do i "un-back" them up from the cloud?

also, i noticed not every song had the option to hit the could icon, why is this?

also ..where are my playlist that used to be on the left hand side?

I think only the songs you bought from itunes will have the cloud button, the songs you imported for CDs will not have that.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Tks!

Anyway to get them off the cloud?

Not sure if you can get them off the cloud, all purchases are stored there

If you go into preferences and then store option, untick show itunes purchase in the cloud (or similar), this will hide the cloud flag and only show music on your machine

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Tks!

Anyway to get them off the cloud?

They are not really even in the cloud, because I dont even have icloud set up and it shows up. iCloud when it comes to music (songs you bought off itunes) its already in the cloud on apples servers via itunes in the cloud. When you "upload" a song to the cloud its basically just giving you a book mark in your account to the actual song in itunes isnt it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.