Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

underlordgc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Okay I need help to make a Star Wars crawl. Everything I see says to download this or that. I have Final Cut Express HD and LiveType and I can't download anything. I also need to be done by the 7th.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
What is This or That?. The crawl is that the titles at the beginning of the film?. Sorry no Star War fan.:confused:

handsome pete

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2008
In Final Cut generate "scrolling text" under the text options. Insert the titles you want to use, apply to timeline, then add the "Basic 3D" effect to that clip and adjust the x-axis parameter. Tweak both your text and effect settings to get your desired effect.

It won't get you exactly what you're looking for but it's the same general idea and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Final Cut really isn't very good for even basic motion graphics like this.

pumazooma

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
UK
Instructions here on how to do it in iMovie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP3RFOJyNfQ

Basically you click the T (theme) button on the right and then scroll down the list and it's called far far away. Drag that in to your timeline, edit the text and there's an option to add a star field as well.

DarthFoley

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2012
Do you have an iPad/iPod/iPhone of some sort? If so, I made an app awhile back that let's you create and export a Star Wars crawl with music from your iTunes Library. Link

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.