Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
I am sure I am OCD but I bought a black 32 iPhone 5 and a white 16 iPhone 5. If I set brightness the same the screen color is different. Also if I go to settings brightness wall paper the wall paper box is bigger on the black than white. Can anyone compare thae two phones.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
I am sure I am OCD but I bought a black 32 iPhone 5 and a white 16 iPhone 5. If I set brightness the same the screen color is different. Also if I go to settings brightness wall paper the wall paper box is bigger on the black than white. Can anyone compare thae two phones.

Well the screens come from more then one company, some from sharp others from, I have no idea. As for the box being different sizes, that might just be the bezel playing tricks on you.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
The brightness and wallpaper box the one I am referring to is the box with the two different iPhone screens wallpaper. The black and white I e are different in size and there is more screen at the bottom on one. Why would this be different. Can anyone compare this go to settings brightness and wallpaper. Thank you

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The brightness and wallpaper box the one I am referring to is the box with the two different iPhone screens wallpaper. The black and white I e are different in size and there is more screen at the bottom on one. Why would this be different. Can anyone compare this go to settings brightness and wallpaper. Thank you

Simple, take a screen shot of both and then compare side by side in am image editing program.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
I think I figured it out. The black has

----------

I think I figured it out. The black has Puctures on it from iTunes sync. The white has none. It's ashame I can't enjoy my phone Worrying and trying to do d something Wrong with it.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009

----------

I think I figured it out. The black has Puctures on it from iTunes sync. The white has none. It's ashame I can't enjoy my phone Worrying and trying to do d something Wrong with it.

Wat

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA

----------

I have no idea what this post means… what?

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Sorry. On the black phone I have added pictures. On the white there is none added. This is why the box is bigger and smaller on one.

unknownbeing

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
New York
Sorry. On the black phone I have added pictures. On the white there is none added. This is why the box is bigger and smaller on one.

Wat8.jpg

But seriously, post screenshots.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Go to settings brightness wallpaper. Look at the box with the two iPhone screens on it. The box is bigger on my black and smaller on the white. I thought this could be because I have pictures on the black phone. Ot the white.

techluvr

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
Houston, TX
Go to settings brightness wallpaper. Look at the box with the two iPhone screens on it. The box is bigger on my black and smaller on the white. I thought this could be because I have pictures on the black phone. Ot the white.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would the amount of content on your phone change the size of a completely unrelated UI element?

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Theres a simple solution. Decide if you like white or black, return the other one and just use the damn phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.