Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Alright, so here's the deal: I returned my iPhone 4S the other day to the Apple store about 3 days after buying it. The iPhone that I returned was set up using my Apple ID and iCloud ID, although, before returning it, I reset all settings and deleted all content from the phone...

But I was looking through my photo stream tonight and I saw this random picture of this girl who took a picture of an ornament her Christmas tree.

How can I prevent this from happening again? And does she have access to the pictures from the photo stream on my new iPhone 4S that I'm currently using?

arc123

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2012
One thing you could try is changing your AppleID password so that, theoretically, if the phone is still logged in it will thereafter have the wrong credentials. Aside from that, I don't know what to say about your problem other than to talk to Apple about it.

Also, less than 24 hours have passed since you posted the thread. I realize that someone having access to your iCloud account feels like exigent circumstances, but please be reasonable in your expectations regarding response time from people volunteering their time to help each other on a forum.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Sounds similar to the common case when iMessage is still linked if you fail to sign out of it before resetting all settings/restoring the iPhone. I don't know how others have resolved this. Maybe contact Apple so they can unlink remotely?

Note to all: Sign out of all Apple accounts (iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime, etc.) before you restore.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Alright, so here's the deal: I returned my iPhone 4S the other day to the Apple store about 3 days after buying it. The iPhone that I returned was set up using my Apple ID and iCloud ID, although, before returning it, I reset all settings and deleted all content from the phone...

But I was looking through my photo stream tonight and I saw this random picture of this girl who took a picture of an ornament her Christmas tree.

How can I prevent this from happening again? And does she have access to the pictures from the photo stream on my new iPhone 4S that I'm currently using?

I don't know if this'll work but you can try removing the association between the returned 4S and your Apple ID via iTunes:

Removing an associated device or computer from an Apple ID

To remove a device or computer from your Apple ID:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
  3. Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
  4. From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
  5. Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.
Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
I don't know if this'll work but you can try removing the association between the returned 4S and your Apple ID via iTunes:

Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

Hey, I did exactly what you said and it showed two iPhone 4S's under my listed devices. I deleted the iPhone 4S device associated with the date I set up my old iPhone's. Hopefully that should fix the problem. Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.