Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Among other software updates released today in support of OS X Mountain Lion, Apple has also rolled out new versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and Aperture.

iphoto_imovie_aperture_icons.jpg
iPhoto 9.3.2 [Mac App Store]
- Supports compatibility with OS X Mountain Lion
- Sharing options now include Messages and Twitter
- Includes performance and stability improvements
iMovie 9.0.7 [Mac App Store]
- Fixes an issue related to third-party QuickTime components that could cause iMovie to quit unexpectedly
- Resolves stability issues when previewing MPEG-2 video clips in the Camera Import window
- Fixes an issue where audio was not included when importing MPEG-2 video clips from a camera
Aperture 3.3.2 [Mac App Store]
- Fixes an issue that in rare cases could cause Aperture to hang or quit unexpectedly when upgrading libraries

Article Link: Apple Updates iPhoto, iMovie and Aperture Alongside OS X Mountain Lion

b_scott

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
is Facebook now going to be an app in ML? Because it will be integrated into iOS6.

ferrous

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
Repoblikan'i Madagasikara
Aperture Doomsday

For years I've been Aperture aficionado, but for a while I have been lacking some functionality and feel I'm loosing out to other programs. Like many people, I've been looking for Aperture 4, waiting, waiting... so I tried (free for a month) a couple days ago the Lightroom 4 for Mac and to my glad surprise I am very happy with it. I have started downloading my new shoots to Lightroom and I think I will end up using it instead of Aperture.

Same thing happened with iWeb, which I have used for publishing my photo business website. I think Apple is not putitng much effort in their software department. :eek:

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
I know. That will most likely come with iPhoto 12. Can't come soon enough!

Does this mean that currently all photos taken with idevices will be uploaded to our other devices/computers, but there is no way to organize them besides going into a computer to do this?

CFS

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
is Facebook now going to be an app in ML? Because it will be integrated into iOS6.

Facebook will be integrated into ML in the fall. They couldn't get it done for today's release.

This fall, OS X will be even more Facebook friendly. With built-in Facebook support, you can share what’s up with you right from the app you’re in. Post photos or links. Add comments and locations. Just sign in once, and you’re all set up. OS X adds your Facebook friends and their profile photos to Contacts so you can find them fast. When friends update their information on Facebook, it’s automatically updated on your Mac. Your Facebook notifications show up in Notification Center. And you can even update your status right from there.

yojo056

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
software update issue

I ran into an issue with software update. Initially it listed the updates for iLife for Mountain Lion and I started downloading the patches. My internet connection had a disruption and the App Store claimed an error. Every-time I tried to re-scan for updates it just kept saying that I was all up to date, but iPhoto was still the old version.

Turns out that the softwareupdate tool is still available through the terminal. Using the command [sudo softwareupdate -i -a] fixed the issue and got all the updates downloading again. :cool:

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Oh joy.

1GB iMovie, 700MB iPhoto. Seems I just did this a few weeks ago. These massive file sizes are killin' me with my crappy bandwidth. :confused:

blackboxxx

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2008
It seems the dark icon from iPhoto 9.3.1 is replaced with the previous one!
Looks much better in the Dock.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Thats odd I fired up software update and saw all the new updates, started downloading them but then I got an error message. I quit app store then tried firing up software update and none of the updates are showing up.... Anyone else having issues :confused:

nixpix2003

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
iLife '13 surely?

If iLife '11 was launched in Oct 2010, surely the next versions, whether released at the tail end of 2012 or next year, will be of iPhoto '13, iMovie '13 etc will be '13. Seems logical to me.
I'm still using iPhoto '09, am waiting for a new version before upgrading ('cos I'm really tight!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.