Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
FWIW, as others mentioned, the iPhone 5 is a huge upgrade over the 4. I didn't know this until I actually got the 5. After that my iP4 just didn't look or feel good. It was laggy and slow in everything, even down to the speed of the camera launch and auto focus which is important to me as I have an active 6 yr old that I used to have a really tough time taking pictures of with my 4. I also have come to really appreciate Siri for when I need to send a text while driving, my 5 is connected to my car's BT system so it's really easy and hands-free now, more importantly safe, to do the occasional text while driving.

I admit I was disappointed with a taller iPhone when the rumors were streaming in about the 5. But in practice it's awesome. When playing videos now it makes a difference and I'm still able to use it single handed when I have to. I think it's perfect.

The iPhone is with me all day long and use it a lot more than the iPad (80/20 split in use) so the iPhone upgrade, at least in my case, is very noticeable.

I'm also holding out for the next iPad refresh. I think it's safe to assume there will be an iPad mini with Retina display and/or a full sized iPad 5 that's lighter and smaller than the 4. In either case, it'll be well worth the wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.