Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:06 AM   #1
Freida
macrumors 6502

FCP X import stills - how to make 1 still = 1 frame?

Hello guys,

this might probably be a simple thing but how does one import sets of images that 1 image = 1 frame? I've found an option that 1 frame = 1 second but that is not what I want.
What am I overlooking?

OR

Is there a way to import them and then select them all and make them 1 frame each at one go instead of one by one?

Thank you
Freida is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:18 AM   #2
floh
macrumors 6502

There are two options that come to mind off the top of my head.

1. In the FCPX options, set the default length of still images to "0.01". You can not do this with the small arrows on the sides of the field (it only goes in seconds), but you can type it in. Then, every image will by default be 1 frame long when imported into the timeline.

2. Put the images you want into the timeline. Mark them all (by dragging a frame around them or, if it's the whole project, just press Cmd+A). Right click and choose "Change duration" (or press Ctrl+D). You can now enter the length you want all those clips to be. To make them one frame, just press "1" end then "Enter".

Both of these options should work. Good luck!
floh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:28 AM   #3
Freida
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by floh View Post
There are two options that come to mind off the top of my head.

1. In the FCPX options, set the default length of still images to "0.01". You can not do this with the small arrows on the sides of the field (it only goes in seconds), but you can type it in. Then, every image will by default be 1 frame long when imported into the timeline.

2. Put the images you want into the timeline. Mark them all (by dragging a frame around them or, if it's the whole project, just press Cmd+A). Right click and choose "Change duration" (or press Ctrl+D). You can now enter the length you want all those clips to be. To make them one frame, just press "1" end then "Enter".

Both of these options should work. Good luck!
Awesome, thank you very much. Didn't know about the option 2.
And to make you laugh with option 1 I was using the arrows so when it didn't go under 1 sec i thought it was the end. ))) Silly me.

Thank you so much for help
Freida is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:26 PM   #4
blackmoses
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freida View Post
Hello guys,

this might probably be a simple thing but how does one import sets of images that 1 image = 1 frame? I've found an option that 1 frame = 1 second but that is not what I want.
What am I overlooking?

OR

Is there a way to import them and then select them all and make them 1 frame each at one go instead of one by one?

Thank you
How many of these images are there? If it's a whole image sequence, you may want to consider using QuickTime Player 7 (should still be available on the Apple website) to compile the image sequence into a movie for editing, if you don't have any other editing software (like After Effects) that is better suited to such a task.
blackmoses is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video